Birthday / Brian

A/N- Well today is the wonderful Brian Harold May's birthday. I thought I'd do something special for him.

"Keep him away. Do you understand me, Roger?" You said, sternly.

You heard a groan through the phone. "Yes. I understand."

You sighed with relief. It didn't cost any money which was right up your alley. You thought that Brian would love the gesture.

"Can you please hurry? He started talking about the stars again and I'm not sure how much more I can take." Roger complained.

"Shut up. I'll take my time, thank you." You snapped as you hung up the phone. Everything was already set up at the spot you'd be taking him to.

———time skip brought to you by Roger actually finding astrophysics interesting———————

Your chest bubbled with excitement when you heard Brian's car pull up. You hadn't gotten a chance to talk to him yet. He left extremely early to finish his guitar solo so he could have the rest of the day with you.

"I'm home, darling." Brian called out. You shot up off of your couch and ran to meet him at the door. You practically tackled Brian as you jumped into his arms. You pressed kiss after kiss against his face.

"Happy Birthday!" You squealed. Brian chuckled and set you down on the floor. He had a small smile on his face as he leaned forward to kiss you. His lips met yours and it was as if fireworks were going off.

"Thank you." Brian mumbled through kisses. After a good 5 minutes, you finally broke away for breath. Brian brought you closer and hugged you tightly. He kissed your cheek once and leaned back to look at your face.

"You're so beautiful." Brian whispered.

You blushed profusely. "Sure. Now c'mon. We've got places to be." You tried to brush off his compliment. You turned to grab your keys from the hook by the door but Brian grabbed your wrist.

He pulled you back to him and kissed the top of your head gently. "I mean it, Y/N."

"I know you do," You whispered. "Can we please leave now? I want to get there before dark."

Brian moved his hand from you wrist and took your hand so you could leave. He grabbed the keys from your hand once you got outside.

"Oh no. I don't think so. I have to drive us. It's a surprise." You said as you reached for the keys.

Brian raised his hand as high as he could so you couldn't reach. He laughed as you jumped to try and get the them.

"Give me the keys, Brian Harold May."

"All you have to do is ask."

"No."

You huffed. You kept your mouth shut and refused to ask for the keys. Brian chuckled quietly and lowered his hand. He kept it behind his back.

"I'll give you the keys if you do me a favor."

You rolled your eyes. "Fine, Brian. What is it?"

"Kiss me."

Your eyes widened slightly. You could do that. You pulled him to you and kissed him hard. You kissed him until he began to lose focus on keeping his hand away from you. You quickly grabbed the keys and dashed for the drivers side. Brian followed and got in on the passenger side.

You began the short drive to your destination by turning on the radio first. A smile lit your face as Don't Stop Believing came on.

"Who is this?" Brian asked curiously.

"An American band called Journey. They're quite good. I'm sure you've heard them before."

"Oh yeah. Steve Perry is the lead singer. Nice guy. Great voice."

You nodded but then couldn't talk anymore because you just had to sing the words. Brian couldn't help but to laugh as you screamed the lyrics at the top of your lungs. 

"I love you so much." Brian spoke through laughs.

"We're almost there. Put this on." You said as you reached back to grab the piece of cloth you brought. "Here. Go ahead. Put the blindfold on."

"So mysterious." Brian muttered as he put it on.

You smiled after a few more minutes of driving. You were finally there. A meadow in the middle of nowhere. A single Weeping Willow tree stood tall in the field.

This spot was where Brian had taken you on your first date. This was where he told you he loved you for the first time. This was where he proposed to you. It was your safe place to go.

You parked the car. "Stay here." You ran as fast as you could to the tree to make sure that everything was still there. But where would it go? As far as you knew, nobody else ever really came here. You grinned when you saw the blanket still in it's place.

You ran back to the car and opened Brian's door. "Are you alright, love?"

"Yes, why?"

"You sound out of breath."

"Well when I saw you sitting there, looking the way you do, it just knocked the wind out of me." You joked.

Brian chuckled as he took your hand to get out of the car. "I trust you, Y/N. Don't let me run into anything."

"No promises."

You squeezed Brian's hand and pulled him along behind you. Unknown to you, Brian had already figured out where you both were. He knew as soon as he felt the grass brushing against his leg. But he kept it to himself. He knew that you were excited to be making surprises for him. So he pretended to be clueless as to where you were taking him.

You pushed Brian onto the blanket when you got to the tree. You sat down in front of him, in between his legs. Brian immediately wrapped his arms around your waist. You reached up and gently tugged the piece of cloth off.

You watched Brian's face soften and a smile appear. He looked around at what you considered to be your meadow and his eyes welled up with tears.

"No. Brian, what's the matter?" You asked as you turned around to take his face in your hands.

"I just love you. A lot." Brian sighed. "I love you so much."

You leaned forward and kissed Brian's cheek softly. "I love you too."

Brian was filled with joy the whole night. He had laid down after a while and pulled you down next to him. You talked for hours with him. You recounted so many amazing memories.

Later that night, you looked up at the sky and saw just how dark it was. You jumped up and reached out your hands for Brian's. He took your hands and stood up. "What's the matter?"

You didn't answer but grabbed the blanket instead. You moved it several feet from where you originally were so you could see the sky. You plopped back down on the blanket. You patted the spot next to you for Brian to come lay with you.

Brian laid down slowly. He rolled over so that he was facing you. You stared up at the sky with wonder but Brian couldn't take his eyes off of you. You looked over at him and blushed, only just realizing he was watching you.

"Look at the sky. That's why I brought you here. So we could stargaze."

Brian sat up a bit so he could move to kiss your cheek. "All of the stars combined can't compare to you, love."

You took a deep breath at his words. Brian smiled and kissed your forehead. Then he kissed your cheek again. He moved from your cheek to your eyelids. He pecked your nose and finally moved to the one place he was neglecting. You sighed as his lips finally connected with yours.

"I love you, Bri."

"I love you more."

He kissed your cheek one more time before laying back and staring up at the sky. His hand moved around until it found yours and held it tight.

"Happy Birthday, Brian."

A/N- well that was something... more chapters soon