New Years / Queen

A/N- Hey guys! This chapter isn't like the Christmas one. Instead, you just imagine whichever member you want. This one is short. Sorry.

You sat your cup of tea on the coffee table and turned on the lamp. You turned on the radio and got comfortable on the couch. With your favorite book in hand, you sat peacefully and read.

It was the only thing that you could do on New Years Eve. Your husband was touring with his band, Queen. They were a huge success after Crazy Little Thing Called Love hit number 1 in America. He wasn't supposed to be back for a week.

You were more than happy for him. He was living his dream with his best friends and you weren't going to hold him back.

"Baby, I love you. Don't ever think you're holding me back," he would try to reassure.

But you weren't ever secure in that. So when it came to touring, you typically stayed back. That's why you were at home by yourself.

All of your friends were busy partying that night. You didn't mind too much. The only person you wanted to hang out with was your husband.

After reading a couple of chapters, you finally decided to look at the time. It was already 15 minutes till midnight. You sighed and listened to the radio that you'd turned on. The station you were listening to was going to do a countdown when the time came.

You were scared out of your thoughts when the phone started ringing. You wondered who was calling this late. You answered it, hesitantly.

"Y/N? Love, can you hear me," your husband asked.

"Oh my gosh. I thought you would still be performing."

"Nope. We started way earlier so we could finish early," he answered.

"So tonight you can party then?"

"I could but I won't be. Not tonight."

"I miss you," you sighed.

"I miss you too, baby. I'll be back soon. Very soon," he whispered.

"I love you"

"I love you too."

You set the phone down and flopped on the couch. You almost wished that he had never called. It made you miss him so much more.

"Alright everybody! One minute until midnight," the talk show host called out.

A knock on the door made your heart begin to race. You walked over slowly and put your hand on the doorknob.

"47, 46, 45, 44, 43," the voice counted back.

You turned the knob and screamed when somebody pulled you into their arms. You tried to look up but the person kept pressing kisses all over your face and hair.

It took you a second but you finally realized it was your husband. You wrapped your arms tightly around him and pulled him as close as you could.

"What're you doing here?"

"I have my ways. I wanted to spend the beginning of the year with you, so here I am."

"12, 11, 10, 9," the announcer kept going.

You pulled back a bit and smiled up at the face you had missed so much.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too."

"4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year!"

You pressed your lips to his and sighed as he held you tightly. Now this was how you wanted to start off the new year.

A/N- Hey guys! It's still 2019 where I live so I'm in a different decade then some of you guys 😂! I love you all and I hope you have a happy New Years!