Stay / Brian

A/N- im only back for a little bit

Everyone knew he was cheating. It was quite obvious. Even though all of your friends and family told you about it, you couldn't bring yourself to believe it.

But deep down you knew. You knew what he was doing every single time he left in the middle of the night or when he said he'd be at the studio but the boys hadn't seen him.

You couldn't find it in yourself to admit what he was doing. You knew that if you did, your relationship would be over. Being with Brian was all you knew. He was your first love and for a long time, you thought he would be your last.

"You know that I love you, right," Brian would say every night.

"Of course I do," you'd reply. Because Brian did love you. You knew that. He just didn't love you quite enough.

You kept up the charade of being happy with Brian until the day that you actually caught him in the act. It had been a long day at work and you were just happy to get home. Brian's car was in the driveway, which was odd. He wasn't ever home when you got off of work.

You figured that the only reason he was home so early was that either he was writing something new or asleep so you kept quiet. You unlocked the front door and silently slipped your shoes off. You planned to flop down on the couch and sleep for the rest of the afternoon. 

As you walked into living room, you couldn't help the gasp that left your mouth. Brian was on the couch while making out with a woman. The pair jumped apart when they heard your gasp.

Brian quickly stood up and adjusted his shirt a little. "Y/N, I swear to god that this isn't what it looks like."

"Oh, it's not?" You rolled your eyes and turned right back around to grab your shoes. You put them on as fast as you could and grabbed your keys, already walking out of the house.

Brian was right behind you. The woman tried grabbing Brian's arm and pulling him back. "Not now, Anita," he hissed.

You ignored them and frantically tried to unlock your car door. Brian came up beside you and took hold of your wrist.

"Where are you going?"

"Away."

Brian shook his head. "No, you can't. You can't leave."

"Yes hell I can." You yanked your hand away from his. You gave a sigh of relief when you finally unlocked your car.

"Please don't leave, Y/N."

You turned to Brian with tears filling your eyes. You had to fight to not let them fall. "And why should I
stay?"

"Because I love you," Brian pleaded.

"Bullshit," you spat.

"I do love you, Y/N!"

"I'm sure you do," you mumbled, sarcastically. You looked back to the house and saw that the woman Brian had called Anita, was standing at the front door. "Why don't you go be with her?"

Brian followed your gaze and began to shake his head again. "No, I don't want her. I want you."

"That hickey on your neck says otherwise," you said as you pulled open your car door. Brian pushed the door shut again. Finally, the tears you had been suppressing started to fall.

"Dammit, Brian. You're making this so much harder than it has to be," you whispered.

Brian took your hands in his, gently. "Then stay. Stay with me," he practically begged. "I love you." Tears had filled Brian's eyes as well.

You felt your heart break a little more at his words. Oh how you wanted to stay with him and pretend this never happened but you couldn't. You knew that Brian wasn't just going to let you go so you said the words that would finally set you free.

"I don't love you anymore."

Brian pulled his hands away from yours in obvious shock. "You don't mean that."

"I deserve better than this," you gestured to him and to Anita at the front door. "I deserve someone who will treat me as I should be treated. And you deserve someone who will love you."

Brian stumbled for words as the tears trailed down his cheeks. "No! You're just saying that to hurt me!"

"I've been letting you go for a while now," you murmured, "Let me go, Brian."

Brian reached for you again but you stepped away. "No, no, no. Don't do this to me, Y/N!"

"You did this to yourself." You pulled open your car door again and got in. You could hear Brian crying from outside the car. You could hear him begging for you to stay. He fell to his knees as you started the ignition. Anita ran to him and pulled him into her embrace.

You forced yourself to look at Brian one last time as you backed out of the driveway. His tear stained face watched you and when he saw you look up, he reached his hand out towards you. You swallowed back a sob as you pressed the gas and drove off.

You knew you'd get over Brian. It would just take some time. Time that you had.