Spread Your Wings / Deaky

A/N- I'm back again folks. I got inspired to write this one by Freddie_fan123 I hope you like it. It's also really late so excuse the mistakes.

Another night without John. He was in the house. He just wasn't with you. Every night that he stayed downstairs, playing his bass, broke your heart a little more. He never stopped working. Always, always working. No time for you ever. You didn't consider yourself a needy person, but you did like to see your husband every now and then.

All day, he would be stuck up in the spare room where he wrote music. All night, he would be in there. He rarely came out of the room. To be quite honest, the last time you even saw him was 3 nights before when he came out to get food. He glanced at you, mumbled a hello, and hugged you quickly before going back to his room. That night, you cried yourself to sleep.

Sometimes you wondered if he was just tired of your marriage. Was he tired of you? Had he found somebody younger? Somebody in better shape? Or was it that he just couldn't stand to see you anymore? All of these thoughts would race through your head every night, as you lay alone.

It was to the point where you absolutely couldn't take it anymore. You couldn't stand to be left alone every night. You couldn't stand to lay in bed, knowing John was just downstairs. He was just out of your reach. You decided to finally talk to him. You knew that either your heart would be mended or broken. You were ready to find out.

You crept downstairs quietly. You avoided the stairs that made noise and tip-toed closer to the room John was in. You could hear his bass. Every now and then it would stop and you could hear rustling of paper. Then he would play again. This happened over and over again. You just sat and listened. At least he was actually doing something and not just secluding himself from you.

Suddenly, you heard the piano. You got it just for show but stored it in the spare room anyway. Nobody ever really used it. John rarely did. The melody that he was playing was beyond anything you'd heard before. You didn't know John could play like that. If you weren't so angry, you would have probably been moved to tears.

You tried calming yourself before gently knocking on the door. When all of the work that was happening didn't stop, you knocked again. Finally, the music stopped and footsteps approached the door. You watched the door handle jiggle slightly and then turn. The sight that greeted you, made you want to cry.

John looked exhausted. It was like he hadn't slept in days. He had bags under his eyes that were half opened. He was slouched. His clothes looked like an utter mess. You took a peak into the room and only saw chaos. "John..." You whimpered.

His eyes widened just a little bit. He didn't say anything, but he looked into your eyes. "Please, come back to bed. You're exhausted. C'mon." You pleaded. John only stared back at you. Then he cleared his throat. "I-I can't. I have to finish this song." He croaked.

"No. You're never going to finish if you're constantly tired. You need to some sleep, food, and a long shower."

John shook his head again. "As soon as I finish a couple more songs then I will take a nap." He turned around and tried to close the door. You put your foot out and stopped it. He turned back to you and looked down at your foot then back at your face.

"John Richard Deacon. Come and go to sleep." You commanded but your voice shook. "I understand if you don't want to be in bed with me. I get it if you don't want to be around me anymore. Just sleep so that you'll feel better. I'll sleep on the couch and you can take the bed so long as you promise to rest." Your voice broke several times but you powered through.

John opened his mouth to say something, but you knew you couldn't take the pain just yet. You knew that he didn't want you anymore. You knew that he wanted to leave. Or so you thought. You rushed back up the stairs before he could say anything.