Chapter 28

Connor's POV

I laid back and stared at my ceiling. If I can convince Aspen that Logan is a bad guy and is lying to her...I could win her back.  But what if she’s mad at you instead? What if she blames you for all this? She already hates you. A tiny voice replied and I slammed my pillow over my face to muffle my scream of frustration. My mom, Sophia, popped her head through my door and frowned, walking towards me. I sat up and gave her a half smile, “Hi Mom.” She gave me a sweet smile and touched my forehead, sitting on my bed. “Honey are you alright?  You seem...annoyed.” I rubbed a hand through my hair and slipped on my favorite cap. “I’m fine Mom.” She pursed her lips and stood, “Well..I came to tell you, Brian is coming over so be nice.” I rolled my eyes and snatched my keys off my dresser, “Wish I could be nice, but I gotta go see Aspen and Olivia tonight.” I brushed past her when I felt a soft hand grip my forearm. “Honey..are you sure you should go see Aspen?” I looked at my mom, her eyes filled with concern and narrowed my eyes. “Yes. Yes I do.” I broke free and hurried down the stairs, and into my car. I started it and drove away, before Mom could come out and convince me otherwise. Buzz! My phone vibrated in front of me and I pressed the stereo to read the text out loud.
Hi babe...last night was so amazing..I just was wondering..if you would want to hurry over? I need to tell you something important.  I furrowed my brow and sent a brief text back. Aight...are you ok?

O: I’m fine. Just hurry over whenever you can. <3

I shook my head and started blasting music to clear my scattered thoughts. I drove into the hospital parking lot and jogged through the sliding doors. A young nurse at the front desk smiled broadly at me. “Hello! What can I help you with?” She batted her eyelashes and I choked on a snort of laughter. “Well..I’m looking for Aspen Moore’s room.” She faltered then brightened. “Let me take a look.” She started scrolling on her computer, a frown appearing. “No...sorry it says here that Ms. Moore was discharged this morning. I’m sorry sir.” I sighed and gave her a smile. “Thank you Nurse..”

“Willis. Judy Willis.” I gave her a half hearted smile and strode back out the door. I looked down at my phone as I climbed in the driver’s seat. I don’t care. I’m going to her house. I drove to her house and knocked on the door. Mrs. Moore smiled brightly at me, “Connor! Why..I haven’t seen you in forever it seems! How are you?” She gave me a quick hug and I shoved my hands in my pocket when I stepped in. “Busy..school mostly and some work..are Aspen and Logan home?” Mrs. Moore smiled and winked, “Logan went to go buy some Dutch chocolate ice cream..you know how persistent Aspen can be especially now that she’s pregnant. She’s upstairs in her room honey.” She chuckled and strode to her room. I thanked her and jogged up the stairs. Knocking on the door, I entered and my breath was blown away. Sitting on the bed, frustrated tears streaming down her cheeks sat Aspen. Her belly made her look even more beautiful and she was wearing a grey t-shirt and green sweatpants. She had pulled her short hair into a bun and she wiped away a tear. I cleared my throat and she whipped around. I snorted and sighed as her eyes narrowed. “What do you want?” I shrugged, “To see you.” Her hands slapped her sides and she blinked rapidly, “Well. You did. Now please go.” I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "I am not. We need to talk about Olivia ." She placed her hands on her hips and blew a strand of hair out of her eyes. "Well I don't think you're gonna leave so you might as well." I grinned then sighed, hanging my head. "I met Olivia on a family trip. She was sweet, funny...And exotic." She crossed her arms again and I hurried on, "I had vowed as a kid to never like you.. so I started dating her. When I came back..you were still here and still just as beautiful. I didn't know what to do...I was with her, but I liked you. I wanted to tell you but it was just easier pretending that nothing had changed between us." Aspen wiped away a tear and I sighed. "The rest is basically history. I didn't know she was coming that though..And I've promised her that I'll fall in love with her but I can't. I love you Aspen. I love you more than Logan ever could. He's lying to you." Tears streamed down her cheeks. "Y-you promised to just talk about her. Not us. And Logan isn't lying to me about anything. I know about him being in a gang and how dare you?!Please leave Connor..Logan will be back soon and I don't want to hear anymore." I turned to go when I heard her tear choked voice, "Wait..." I stopped and listened. "Thank you..for telling me and..I hope you and Olivia are happy." She broke down and I turned around to face her. She was looking at me with those beautiful blue eyes, filled with pain and something else I couldn't decipher.  I sighed and turned back to the door, "Thank you Aspen..I wish the same for you and Logan...goodbye." I choked slightly and cleared my throat. Shutting the door quickly, I jogged down the stairs. Mrs. Moore popped her head out of her door and smiled at me, "See you later Connor!" I gave her a half smile and let myself out. Sighing, I went into my car. I don't know if you'll be seeing me. But I'll be back. I drove out slowly and watched Logan drive in. Grunting angrily, I sped to Olivia's house.

^^^
Wow so..is anyone else curious to the reason why Connor refused to like Aspen?? Even though his heart told him differently? We'll soon see! Keep reading, commenting and voting my lovelies! Also thank you so much for over 1k!!!!😙😙 Couldn't do it without y'all. ❤💕💓💖💗

xoxo writing_princess16