Chapter 33

Aspen's POV

I opened my eyes and yawned, stretching. Ouch! I raised on my elbows and clamped my legs shut. The nurse turned around for looking at Lindsay and smiled, "You're going to be sore for a few days. It's all natural but I can bring your beautiful daughter over to you." I gave her a slight smile and opened my arms. She hurried over and laid her in my arms. I marveled at her tiny body and smiled as Lindsay stretched, mewling. Tears pooled in my eyes as I thought of how proud Logan would be to see his daughter. A police officer strode in the room with Connor and I clutched Lindsay closer. Connor came and patted my arm softly. "Detective Cullen wants to you to identify Logan." I gasped and glanced at the burly man with a sympathetic smile. "I'm so sorry Miss. For your loss, but we need your help. Tell me all you can about the men who kidnapped you and killed Mr. Allen." I choked back the lump in my throat and nodded, slowly. "He was tall..at least 6 ft tall. Had blonde hair and bright green eyes..he sounded American but partly British like he lived there for awhile. He said his name was Noah. Please can I see Logan now?" The detective scribbled on his notepad and nodded. Connor took Lindsay from me and I shuffled off the bed. Waddling slowly, I followed the detective to a small room. A body lay on the bed and I sucked in a breath. Please help it not be Logan. Please please please. My lips moved as I silently prayed it wouldn't be Logan. Detective Cullen pulled the blanket from his face and I screamed, sinking to the floor. Tears ran freely down my cheeks and I laid my head on my knees. "That's him. That's Logan." I sobbed and the detective helped me up. I touched his cold, bruised cheek and sniffed, wiping away tears. I brushed a stubborn lock of hair from his forehead and choked on a sob. "Oh Logan...if only I could've done something to help you." Tears dripped down my cheeks and onto his cold ones. Leaning down, I brushed my lips on his cold, soft lips. I couldn't believe that would be the last time I would kiss his lips. I ran my fingers down his cheek and gave him one last kiss, shivering. I turned to Connor who had a fussing Lindsay in his arms. My red eyes looked into his, searching for comfort. "C-Connor." I barely got those words out before the sobs started wracking my frame. My knees gave out and I collapsed, tears running down my puffy, red cheeks. A nurse hurried over and crouched in front of me. "Honey...let's get you back to your room hmm?" She pulled me and I humbly followed her. Crawling into the bed I lay on my side, refusing any sedatives. Connor sat on the edge of the bed, holding a now crying Lindsay. "Lindsay's hungry..." He cocked his head to the side and I sighed, "Let them teach you to bottle feed her...I can't right now." Connor sighed and jiggled Lindsay. "Your daughter needs you Aspen. Please." I sat up, brushing away a tear and sniffed. Connor gently laid Lindsay in my arms. I ran my hand over her head. "Hush...mommy's gonna feed you now." Her angry sobs slowly quieted and I took down my shirt. She latched on immediately and started suckling. I rubbed her cheek gently as her long lashes brushed on her red cheeks. A lump formed in my throat and a tear leaked out. Sniffing, I breathed in Lindsay's baby scent. "Oh baby girl I love you so much." She sucked for ten more minutes before her mouth went slack. Laying her on my shoulder, I gently rubbed circles and patted her back. Finally a big burp escaped and I giggled. Picking my way to her hospital cradle, I laid her in to sleep. Sighing, I lay back in bed, tears slowly seeping out of my closed eyes. Connor crawled beside me and took me in his arms. Wrapping my arms around him. I let the tears fall. Quiet sobs shook my shoulders and I held onto Connor as if I was drowning. "How is he gone? How? The love of my life...My baby's father." Connor flinched slightly and sighed, "I don't know why...but you have Lindsay and I." He searched my eyes and I sighed, looking away. "No..what I said when Logan was..alive," I choked and went on, "still applies." He nodded solemnly and rubbed my back, "Alright." Exhausted, my eyes started to droop and licked my dry lips. Connor ran a finger over my cheek and wiped away tears. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep. Connor shook my shoulder and I slowly opened my eyes. "Hmm? What's wrong?" I mumbled when a set of firm, sweet lips descended on my own. My eyes flew open and I look at Connor. Something took over me and I kissed him back, arms twinning behind his head. We pulled back and I flicked my tongue over my lips slowly, seductively. Connor watched and smashed his lips back on mine. He flipped us so that I was under him and ran his hands down my sides. I sucked in a deep breath as he moved my head from my neck and kissed it gently. I closed my eyes contentedly. He breathed heavily above me and I opened my eyes lazily. "Should I stop?" His concerned eyes sought mine and I willed all my desire and consent into my eyes. "N..no." I whispered. Connor grinned and I pulled him down to kiss me, melting my body into his. What am I doing?! What is this?! I want this. I screamed at myself and lost it when Connor's hand rested on my hip. I shivered and all logical thought flee out the window. What would Logan think? My eyes popped open and I shoved Connor off. Pulling the sheet up to my neck. He rubbed his neck, bewildered. "What happened?" Tears started streaming down my cheeks and I hug my head, "Please..leave." Connor sighed, snatched his jacket and phone and slammed the door. I hurried over to a sobbing Lindsay and cuddled her. "Hush baby..hush..mommy's a horrible person." I kissed Lindsay and sighed.

^^^
Still super sad that Logan isn't in the picture anymore but what do you think will happen between Caspen?!?! Keep reading, commenting and voting my lovelies!💋❤💓💕

xoxo writing_princess16