Chapter 40

Hey you guys! I can't believe I'm on the last chapter already! Thank you so much for everything!
So a new thing, this chapter will be the longest, in Connor's and Aspen's POV. Also I will be on a school trip starting Saturday so I'm going to try and stay ahead. If I don't keep up, I'm so sorry! Hope y'all understand! Anyways I hope y'all love it! 
xoxo

~~~~
Connor's POV

"Hey Aspen I bought you the-" I opened the door and stopped. No one was there. The room was empty and sterilized. Furrowing my brow, I hurried down the hall to find the receptionist. "Hello?! My baby and her mother have disappeared from room 425. Aspen Moore and Lindsay Moore-Allen." "Sir, I'm sure everything is alright. Just take some deep breaths while I search this up for you..." she looked down at her laptop and then smiled back at me. "Oh she must have wanted to surprise you. She was discharged two hours ago." I narrowed my gaze and shook my head, "That isn't right.. she shouldn't be discharged until tomorrow. You must have the wrong Aspen." The nurse raised an eyebrow, "Sorry sir. She's gone." I nodded and smiled weakly, "Thank you." I hurried to the elevator and ran to my car. All I knew was I was going to drive to Logan's house. I knocked on the door and smiled when Mrs. Allen answered. "Oh hello Connor. Can I help you?" I nodded frantically, "Is Aspen with you? She's gone." She gasped and covered her mouth, "Gone!?! What do you mean gone?!" I paled and held on the door, "She's...she's not with you?" She shook her head. I licked my lips, "I'll call her." I dialed her number and waited. "Hello?" I breathed a sigh of relief. "Aspen! Oh thank God. Where are you?" I heard a voice in the background and a slight sniffle. "Connor! Oh please don't call..and don't hate me. I took Lindsay and left... left the country. The man who killed Logan is looking for us. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you...please please be happy and never forget us..especially Lindsay because..she's your daughter. Oh Connor I love you..have a good life. Goodbye." The line went dead. "Hello? Hello?!?! Aspen?! Aspen!" I yelled and quickly re-dialed Aspen's number, running down the front door steps. A automatic voice answered. "Hello. The number you have dialed is no longer in service or with this company. We apologize for the inconvenience." I hung up numbly and turned to Mrs. Allen. "She's gone...And Lindsay is my daughter." I stumbled back to the front door. Mrs. Allen gripped by arm and pulled me into a hug. I laid my head on her shoulder and let the silent tears fall. "Oh Connor..I'm so sorry. I would have loved Lindsay to be Logan's daughter, but I can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now." She gently rubbed my back. Abruptly, I straightened. "I have to find her..I have to." Mrs. Allen pursed her lips, "Where is she?" I turned towards my car. "She..she said to never look for her..to have a good life." Mrs. Allen's eyes filled with tears, "It's that gang...she really left." I patted her arm, "I'm sorry Mrs. Allen.." She shook her head and nodded, "I'm sorry Connor..now if you'll excuse me..I need..I need to lay down." I nodded and watched as she walked slowly back into her house. I turned slowly and scrubbed a hand over my face. I sighed and went to my car. Driving absentmindedly, I finally got to our, Aspen and my favorite place. I sat on the rock, the rock where we shared our first kiss and where she ran from me while pregnant with Lindsay, my daughter. I hung my head and let the tears flow. She was in danger and I could do nothing.

Aspen's POV

I sighed as I stared at my phone. I couldn't believe I had left without telling Connor. I winced as I thought of the lie I told to soften the blow. "Natalia!" I looked up startled and looked down at Lindsay's car seat. Jason sighed and came to give me a hug. "Your name is Natalia now and that is Aurora." He murmured while hugging me. I nodded and looked at him. "Lucas..can you carry the car seat. I squatted and lifted Lind-no Aurora out of her cradle. Lucas picked up the car seat and grinned, “We’re just one happy family.” I nodded slowly, “Right.” Lucas turned to an elderly man and smiled, “Ciao signore, saremo in grado di fare un giro nel vostro taxi?” The older man spit and started speaking Italian rapidly. “Beh, quanto lontano?” Lucas smiled at me and turned back to the old man. “A Treviso Veneto. La mia ragazza e mia figlia sono stanche.” Aurora started fussing and I started swaying squinting at them both. The old man nodded and glanced at me, “Va bene, ti prenderò. Per 30 dollari americani.” Lucas nodded and handed him 30 dollars. I gasped and yanked on his arm, “Lucas that’s too much.” Lucas looked at me and Aurora. “Treviso is far...Aurora will be tired. Don’t worry. Everything will be ok.” He lifted the car seat once again and started to the car. Timidly, I followed him, watching the people mingle, Italian words peppering the air. I smiled at the man, our driver and he dipped his head. “Grazie Signore.” I murmured as I cradled Aurora in my arms. The man smiled broadly before rattling off a response. I looked wildly at Lucas who smiled, “He said you are most welcome and since you and Aurora are so beautiful. He’ll give me back ten dollars.” I blinked at Lucas then smiled broadly at the driver. “Grazie...grazie molte.” Lucas chuckled, “Your thank you is appreciated and your accent seems..slightly authentic.” I chuckled then looked down at a wide eyed Aurora. Lucas glanced down at me and spoke, "Are you still sad?" I eyed the driver sharply and pursed my lips. Lucas followed my gaze and chuckled, "He can't speak or understand English. We're good." I laughed nervously and nodded, sighing. "I miss him." Lucas nodded, staring out the window. "Me too..I barely got to see him after I left."
"How long ago did you leave?"
"About 5 years ago. Noah's always had it in for me. Just because I would be a better leader. I wouldn't kill my own. So he wanted me gone..because I was his rival. Logan helped me get away. He suggested Italy and we found here.. he flew here with me..And I never got to see him again."
I felt tears lace my lashes and I gulped, "Why not?" He glanced at me and shrugged, "Noah would have someone follow him. It would be hard but he didn't want me in danger so he never visited. We kept in touch though...I miss him." I glanced at Aurora and sighed, "I told Connor Lindsay is his..but she's Logan's." Lucas grinned and stroked Aurora's cheek. "She looks like him." I looked at Aurora and smiled, "She really does."

^^^
Awww I miss Logan but Jason is really nice. Also tada!! It's the end of the book! Thank you guys so so much!!! Keep reading, commenting and voting! All of your positive comments really help me!! Love y'all💕💕💓💓
Thank you my lovelies💗

xoxo writing_princess16