Chapter Zero : Penalty Game

A loud shriek from the mice running around lingers in a cold dark room, where the lights from a small one-by-half meter window are his only way to take a glance in his surroundings.

A small room in 5.4 m² that fits only 1 person with only 1 bed, three corner walls in concrete and the front side of this room surrounds in almost 20 pieces of lined metal bars.

A month ago his last friend Emilio Sequilago a fellow inmate is executed by lethal injection from his committed sin (Murder) of his own wife and son.

He is the last person in death row that will be executed in his same crime, he was falsely accused after the death of a 20 y/old man named Jayson Landaka another boyfriend of her girlfriend named Kamie Alkara on the 5th day of September 2020.

The body of victim found inside the motel, both arms and legs are severely ripped bearing 31 stab wounds in his chest and forced inside a 42"W x 24"D cabinet.

He was arrested on a Christmas Eve of 24th of December same year dining with his parents and girlfriend in his home in Valenzuela.

At the age of 34, he was accused guilty on a Murder case titled " Crime of passion " by the Supreme Court and punished death by the law, he was detained in 9 years and after a long wait, the day has come.

[SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!]

Noise of the steel door banging by the prison officer caught his attention, the way he slowly looks at the officer are just like an open window with nothingness inside, emptiness in his eyes full of depression makes the ambiance inside the room more frigid.

The coldness of his action reaches the officer that makes him a bit anxious, so the officer unconsciously let a mild cough, to wander itself on the chillness of the situation and speak.

" Come on! It's your time. "

He slowly stands and followed the officer walking like a dead body being resurrected with no emotions, he is looking down watching the steps of the officer until they reached their destination.

A room much wider than his usual room took his attention to look around, the walls are also built in concrete but the other side of it has a large transparent mirror with officers on the other side, at the middle there is a wooden chair with leather straps, on top of it there is a steel bowl-like hat and at the bottom is a 2 metal shackles both has wires on it connected on a circuit breaker.

As he was being seated, the officer beside him starts to strap him at the wrists, waist, and ankles, the other officer that is already inside the room reached for the razor and plugged it into the floor outlet near him to start shaving the detainee's head.

A moment later a priest enters the room and asked;

" Shall we start? "

As he sees the priest turning pages on his bible, someone on the other side of the window caught his attention, it was his girlfriend Kamie that standing along the officers looking at him.

After seeing her beloved girl for a long time he felt a sudden spread of emotions right on his chest, he's about to cry when he saw her face, wicked eyes and a long smile looking at him makes all of his adorn emotions turns into frustration and hatred.

" I killed him. "

She silently "mouthing" the words using her lips, without uttering a sound.

His sadness turns into unmeasurable rage, its like an electrocution zapped all over his body, he started to clench his fist and strugled from being straped, the two officers began to hold unto him and tighten the straps to restrain him from struggling.

" O-officer! look at her! she already confessed that she killed the guy! it's not me! "

the officer didn't even look on what he was pointing, he was only looking at him
pitied on he thinks a nonsensical whining with such a disappointment in his face.

" Just look at her, after all the trouble going here just to see you for the last time you only accuse her as a murderer? at least man up from your sins! "

He stopped from his struggling and slowly looked at her, the girl starts to act like crying but he is the only one seeing her wicked smile while she was leaning on one of the officers.

That time he felt that he lost at everything, after all of those struggles in life and make a huge success in the end.

He is going to die, without everything.

PEOPLE,

LOVE,

TRIUMPHS.

He lost everything, and it's going to end.

After all the preparations and sermons, the priest asked his last words.

" In my next life, i'm sure that i'll never to trust anyone. "

[ CLICK! ]

A loud sound of a circuit breaker that had been pulled on.

Chapter End.