Chapter IX: Entry Match

The two of them standing at the center of the arena were the senior magul first to turn his back and equiped himself with a Salant a pointed sword but has a thin blade and a full mounted guard.

" I think his skills maybe related to fencing or something if he uses that thing. " conclusion on his opponent's weapon skills and asked.

" Sir? Is that an estoc? "

" Ha? Even in weapons you don't have the knowledge? "

he only give a light smirk as keeps mocking him but he just ignored it and decided to pick his own weapon.

there is a weapon in the last corner of the weapon stand that pique his interest, it is a long stick at least 5ft in height, it was called fal'aigo used by the monks hundred years ago, he tried to break it into two using his knee but it was hard that he only bawl in pain.

those pedagogue maguls spectating the match looks at him with annoyance but the head maestro is the only one laughing, and suddenly the stick he was holding splits into two, he looks around but he didn't see anyone that might casted an art.

" Now! we're officially starting this entry match between senior magul Palm Shreider and Markus Antaegahr the match will be ended if an opponent forfeited or knocked out. "

two of them engaged in their fighting posture but they notice markus is the only one in odd position, his right leg is bent backwards that his knees is about to touch the ground while his left leg is in front, holding his two stick at both edge leaving at least 10cm allowance, this way of holding purposed to disarm an opponent the blade part of those sticks resting on both of his shoulders in a manner of half-swing striking in front of the wielder, he is looking only at the feet of his opponent leaving his head wide open.

this odd stance known as " Anyo Isa ( Front Stance ) that he knew in his old world, this is a Arnis stance that he learned in his highschool grade and with his skills he won a national championship in his country.

" Doble Baston : Anyo Isa, How nostalgic. "

" Are you mocking me!? You're wide open you idiot! "

he didn't mind the provocation and remained silent, he's making a turtle fortress in that position patiently waiting for an enemy to first to leap an attack.

as the referee commence a fight signal, Palm Shreider started to dash forward to attack but he noticed that Markus suddenly dashed forward.

" Hah! you're really wide open! "

As he swing his weapon aiming at markus head but it only hits nothing and markus swiftly landed a two blow in his opponents stomach

" Gah!! Pwahh pwah "

Dazed in that blow he let a vomit and started to jump out to gain his composure but markus never let the chance to slip and started to dash forward to strike another blow, Shreider successfully parried it then hit markus in the head, that blow on his head is strong enough to shake his consciousness but he manage to leap back.

his ears ringing after that blow and his body started to get fazed in that moment, he returns in his stance and started looking down in his opponent's feet.

" Your way of fighting is impressive although it won't happen next time. "

Markus started to get tensed in some way but he still gripped tightly in his weapons,
to calm himself down he started to think of songs that makes him calm.

flashes back when he was in first year the first sparing battle is with his senior in arnis, even if the baton is padded with foam and cloth it still makes him pained and frightened for every hit landed to him from his senior, but managed to land a hit even if his shaking, the reason why he can fight over his nervous is a song.

" Ok! Ok! Maybe a pop song may hype me up. "

then he started to hum some intros of the song [ Tit for Tat ] sang by the band named [ Myth & Roid ].

" Ha! Are you really casting!? even without mana to begin with!? "

🎶 if you wanna win you've got to play it smart, 🎶

" Keep trying idiot! "

Shreider dashed forward aiming again at his opponents head but he felt something odd along the way so he decided to leap back again to his position.

" did i just got slowed? "

🎶 Don't let to slip a chance, the wise will take it all! 🎶

then markus dashed forward and this time it hasten that giving palm shreider a hard time to react but he still managed to parried the attack then jumps back.

" by the Goddess of the wind, pay my command and make me swift, Greater Flexibility! "

[ Greater Flexibility ] Art that makes the user more agile and enhances his reflexes.

" Chain Incantation! , Vision of the owl! "

[ Chain Incantation ] An advance art that allows the user to skip on incantation and sync on first art.

[ Vision of the owl ] Enhancement Art that widens the vision of the user.

All the present senior maguls are dumfounded on what happened, wondered why the senior magul casted a two advance skill, one of the senior magul from his faction stands up and shouts.

" Damn Shreider! Using two advance skills in fighting a defective one!

" Hey! Hey! look at him, is he chanting for something? "

the spectators started to look at markus.

* Audience POV *

" Wait! Continues incantation!? but i don't see any magic circle or spec of mana that had been used, is it possible? "

the head maestro starts to rubs his beared while looking at markus with amazement.

" I don't think its a chant although i can't understand those words even using my recognition art. "

" But he hasten right!? "

" No, He just controlled time. "

a shocking conclusion from the head maestro silences the senior maguls, they just got back from being seated and attentively watched on what would happen next.

" There is no such an art that can control time. "

" but it's from the head maestro, we can't doubt about it. "

while the other senior maguls arguing about it, the head maestro speaks and pointed on something.

" Use [ Magnified Vision ] art and analyze his surroundings "

[ Magnified Vision] an art that enhances the users vision by 40%, this is often use in any countries military skirmishes and a perfect art to use in means of scouting.

looking back at markus whose on the arena, everyone noticed the dusts around him being slowed while at Shreider is already subsided.

" So he actually used a time art!? even without use of mana!? "

" a skill with a long and continues incantation, casted without a magical circle or mana is quite intriguing isn't? "

as the match goes on, the senior maguls spectating engrossed only at markus, and the head maestro still rubbing his beared and silently utter a word.

" Having you here in this academy is quite an intriguing isn't young'ons. "

                      Chapter End.