Chapter IX.2 : Entry Match

* Palm Shreider's POV

i have been aggravating in this match because of the unknown art, an art that slows anything in a range and hasten its user, it can be considered as a " advance " and gives me a hard time to attack but i noticed something, my opponent markus didn't take any advantage of it, it is like he didn't know he hasten or his enemy slowed. he just only focusing on his chanting, a long and unrecognized words that maybe a new discovery in this world.

but with no hesitation, i must end this with one swift, he endured the first one but i know he won't in second.

Collecting his mind and resolute on what he had plan in his mind, Shreider gripped hard at his salant and aim for another attack not minding the effects of that casted art from markus, but in just a moment markus ability have been worn off and greater flexibility triggered, countering markus defensive stance he landed a clean blow right in his head.

markus loses his consciousness and fell right in his position then the match determined.

* Markus POV *

i know there something happening right now and i felt that the attack just now got slowed but before i landed a blow, he got jumped away from me.

" did he got notice it too? "

and i keep singing to calm myself but this nervousness is uncanny, surprisingly he didn't utter a move as of now,

" his doubting his movements, it's my chance. "

but before i began to move he just chanted an art, greater flexibility, chain incantation, vision of the owl, this three phrases just give me chills that this test is no longer passable anymore.

after being troubled to those arts, i just got mentally blocked and forgot the lyrics that i have been singing, and a second later a blow right in my head got me and i lose my consciousness.

♦ ♦ ♦

Waking in a room that he instantly recognized like he was been there a moments ago. a room in western setting with a lot of books and animal head trophies, and a man with long beared first to greet him as he raise from being laid down in a couch.

Realizing his lost in the match he felt frustrated and began to stand, he was about to take a step when he felt light-headed and suddenly stumbled, then head maestro casted a recovery art to him and speak,

" what a great fight you showed young'ons, it's been along time since i got hyped this much. "

" And its kinda frustrating even if i really didn't have a chance to win from the start, for now i'm going to my older sister to tell the result of the match. "

" it would take a while young'ons for you to recover so for now let's have a small chat "

he only pauses for a second and then seated in a wooden chair in front of the head maestro table.

" About the match, i'm quite curious about the chant you used, did you learned it somewhere? "

" What chant sir? i just can't remember whe-? "

He came to realized about what happened in match and explained it to head maestro.

" You're just singing and then you felt all things have slowed? "

" Yes. i remembered how nervous i am, so to calm myself i thought of a song. "

the head maestro intrigued by his explanation and asked to give an example of a song, then markus started to vocalize some verse of the song [ True Damage ] a created theme for a certain game, then after the head maestro heard about it, he just asked when did he learned about it.

" I just got read it from a certain book, I just can't remember the title "

" But there is no such a book young'ons even the words you have been said is unknown to my knowledge, and besides the way you sang is too different than the songs that i've heard. "

troubled from the head maestros conclusions, he tried to deny it but later on the head maestro stopped from pestering about the match and in exchange he asked for another topic.

" I've been interested on using a certain thing. "

From his drawer a wooden board painted in varnish, checkered in black and white with 64 squares arranged in 8x8 grid, a board game he first learned when he was in grade school.

" A-a Chess? "

" I see young'ons i knew that you know about this thing too, so i've been searching for a new partner to use this so? can i have a little of your time before meeting your older sister? "

" Ok, but i didn't know much about this "

" Is there a chess in this world to begin with? i need to be cautious about this. " Uttering his thoughts in his mind.

Markus is about to pick the black piece but the head maestro halts him and suggested a toss coin, he just nodded then the head maestro started to toss the coin, flipping in the mid air it bounces 3 times after hitting the table then spins. upon stopping the coin it flips into tail favor of head maestro.

" I guess it was my luck young'ons "

then he started collecting the black pieces.

" am i being trick? i don't know but i think i should go with the flow but remained cautious on my moves. "

then markus started to arranged the chess pieces and then maestro arranged also his chess pieces.

" Ahmm... sir i didn't know if im right so please correct me. "

" No young'ons i think you're right lets finish up. "

" but sir i purposely placed the pawn at the wrong grid, all the pawns should be at the front but i place the two of them in where are the rooks are. "

" and even i didn't know what is the rooks are. "

head maestro stands from being seated and throws his uniform in front of him.

" meet your sister then let her accompany you at your dormitory, you will be placed in the lowest section. "

" Wait! i failed at the match "

" Well i didn't say that you have to win young'ons, now you can leave "

Confused on just what happened and felt uneasy on head maestros decisions, he started to walk on the door and started to look for his older sister.

                       Chapter End.