chapter eleven

The next morning, Piper groggily awoke from her slumber and rolled over, smacking around aimlessly for her alarm clock that wasn't there. Her nightstand wasn't there, neither was this her bed nor her shirt. As her eyes focused on the polaroids across the room, her sleepy brain finally realized that she were in Eddies apartment still. She stretched out like a starfish across his bed, her bones cracking as she did when she realized he wasn't beside her..

Again.

Eddie didn't let her go to sleep until almost 4 in the morning last night, her cheeks burning hot as she thought back to what kept them up so late. It seemed like he couldn't get enough of her. Not that she minded one bit, but she couldn't help thinking maybe that it was just lust on both their parts.. He hadn't been with anyone in a while and neither has she.. Perhaps they were moving too fast? Chris did say at the concert that Eddie had it 'hot and heavy' for her..

Whatever that meant.

She shook her head to herself, she knew it had to be more than that. It was easy for her thoughts to get away, to get wrapped up in what everyone else thought. She could thank anxiety for that. Eddie treated her better than anyone else ever had, he was kind and respectful towards her. Made her laugh, kept her safe. He also treated her better physically than anyone else she'd ever been with. He wasn't just a skilled musician, she found out. That little voice in the back of her head, though, was very hard to shut up.

Piper heard voices talking downstairs as she rolled out of his bed, her sore body aching as she stood up. She glanced at herself in his floor length mirror and saw that she was somehow wearing one of his flannels with nothing else. Blushing to herself as she remembered, he had asked her to put it on during one of their many escapades throughout the night saying something about 'he wanted his baby to be wearing something of his.' She ran her hand through her hair as she gazed around his room, her eyes landing on a pile of her clothes folded neatly on his desk with a note on top, just like he had promised.

She walked over and picked up the note, smiling to herself as she read it under her breath. "Good mornin', my sweet girl. If you come down stairs, there'll be some breakfast waiting on you and I actually mean the food this time. Hurry up and come down, I miss you." She felt a grin overtaking her face as she quickly reread through the note again.

She laid it down and decided to get dressed being that she wasn't too sure of what time it was. She grabbed up the clothes that Eddie had laid out, surprised that he did so well with picking a cute outfit. He clearly paid attention to how she dressed. It gave her butterflies knowing that he woke up super early just to grab clothes for her so that she could rest. She never had someone be so selfless towards her, it was a strange feeling to have someone just do stuff out of the kindness of their heart and not expect anything out of it. He just wanted to make her happy, simple as that.

He had picked her out a pair of black leggings and a grey tank, simple enough just like she liked. She slipped his flannel off and laid it on his bed before she dressed herself, giving a once over to her outfit in his mirror while she retied his flannel around her waist. She slipped her boots on and made her way out of his bedroom, the smell of french toast smacking her in the face.

She could hear they were discussing the band as she followed the voices, leading her downstairs and to the kitchen where she found Eddie and Jeff sitting at the table, a massive stack of french toast between them. They cut their conversation short as Piper stopped in the doorway, a huge smile spreading across Eddies face when he saw her. He glanced down at his flannel tied around her waist, causing him to smile even harder as he cleared his throat and stood up, pointing around the kitchen.

"I made some french toast if you'd like some, there's plates in the cabinet and cups beside the sink. You can have anything you want, there's juice and stuff too. Of course you don't have to eat if you don't want to, I think you like french toast.... although I probably should have asked first in case you don't or have an allergy or something." He said rambling away without taking a breath as he gestured his hands around, causing Piper to laugh quietly at his awkwardness. Jeff stared between the two of them, a slight smirk on his face as he stuffed the food into his mouth.