chapter twenty five

Even with all the alcohol flowing through his system, it wasn't nearly enough to deal with their new guest..

Or should he say pest.

His number #1 fan had finally made her way over after ditching Mike, seemingly after his usual panty dropping tactics stopped working and she got bored.. Her cheap perfume which bordered on the line of being tear gas clouded the air as she fluttered her eyelashes and talked a mile a minute..

Eddie wasn't listening to a word of it but instead, found any and everything else to pay attention to..

Like the fly that kept buzzing around her head.

"You know, you really are so much more handsome up close, not that you aren't handsome far away cause you are, I just say stupid things when I'm around cute guys and you're really -"

The fly landed right on her forehead and her words began to fade, turning into white noise and mixing into the sweet saxophone solo that was blasting through the speakers. Maybe if he gave vague answers, she'd take a hint and fuck off..

"Yeah I bet.."

Eddies eyes were slowly focusing on the florescent Miller Lite sign just above Stones shoulder. He was finishing off his drink and sent a "sucks to be you" look before laughing and getting up to buy another beer..

Yeah, fuck you too Carpenter.

The rest of the guys were far too inebriated by this point to offer any semblance of help.. Not that they would anyway.

So he was basically alone.. and defenseless.. against a girl who seemed like she were ready to maul him at any second..

Oh here she comes

Where the fuck was Piper.. How long does it take to make a phone call? Well.. She was planning to call both Chris and Pops.. Between the two of them, she probably couldn't get a word in edgewise.

And where the fuck did Dave go.. He probably found another unsuspecting victim to offer his 'drumming techniques' to.. The creepy bastard..

He was the only sober one though, he better still be or he'll be paying for the taxi ride..

"You really are so gorgeous, those dimples.. My names Chloe by the way.. "

Watch out, boy.. She'll chew you up

Is this Tears for Fears playing?... INXS?

"I was telling my girls bout you, yknow.. They'd never heard of your band..."

Oh here she comes

No, wasn't either of them.. The accents aren't there and Michael Hutchence's terrible voice is recognizable anywhere..

"Is that right.."

When did Dave even get up.. It must've been sometime after Piper left.. Need to go find her.. She'll probably get upset and say she can take care of herself..

She's a man eater

"Yeah, I was thinking maybe I could talk you into coming back to our hotel room.. They'll be there too.. Just the four of us.."

Ahh fuck it, she'll just have to be mad..

Should've tied that balloon to her wrist.. At least she's super cute when she's mad.. The way her nose crinkles and her ears turn red..

"Whataya say?"

Oh here she comes

There was a small shift to his left but not enough to catch Eddies attention as he watched the sign blink off and on, realizing that it actually was slower on the fourth flash and not just his eyes or the beer like he had originally thought..