chapter nineteen

yknow by now what this bold means lmao it gets real smutty and i'm not sorry :)

"You need some help with directions, Miss?"

Eddie prompted her, his smile so wide that his mile high cheekbones would have poked her if he had stepped any closer. Piper gawked at him and she knew he was speaking as she could see his mouth moving... but it was as if she were underwater, the sound around her muffled and slow as she struggled to make out what he was saying. The alarm blaring in her brain didn't help matters either. She hadn't expected to see him so soon, that she'd find her way out of the airport and meet up with him some time later in the day... after she had adequate time to prepare herself.

But here he was standing beside her like an eager puppy if it were personified, his face beaming as he stared down at her and waited for her reply. A few moments passed as she still hadn't answered when he raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to the side, that playful smile never leaving his face. It was right then that she realized she had been staring at him like a creep, completely forgetting that she was supposed to return his greeting, yknow.. like a normal person.

"Hi" was all she managed to get out as she tried to fold the map back up, it wasn't wanting to cooperate and neither were her shaking hands when she got fed up and just shoved the half ass folded pamphlet into her bag. She heard him chuckle quietly as she crossed her arms to hide her discomposure when he reached out towards her and grabbed under one side of his jacket collar. "I see that you still pull it off better than I do." The alarm in her brain blared louder as he tugged on it, the backside of his knuckles just barely grazing her skin, setting it ablaze. She couldn't help but to think of how she'd love to "pull off" everything of his...

His shirt, his pants, his boxers...

Before she silently scolded herself and began to slip the jacket down her arms when he stopped her.

"Keep it, it's kinda cold outside. I can't have you gettin' sick on your first day here, I got too much fun stuff planned." He said as he helped pull the fabric back up on her shoulder. She felt as if a cat had got her tongue. She wondered what his definition of 'fun' was because hers, at that moment, was something that would make even the holiest of nuns blush. It was like the anger and bitterness she felt in her heart the last six months just packed it's shit up and travelled further south the moment she saw him..

They were staring and just taking each other in as a tension filled silence spread between them when she suddenly remembered that she was supposed to be looking out for her bags. She turned to see that almost everyone had cleared out and that there were only a few suitcases still rounding the belt, none of which were hers.

"Fuck.." She muttered to herself, biting her nails as she stood on her tippy toes to see just as the last of the luggage was snatched up. Her bags were nowhere to be seen, sending her into an anxious frenzy.

She could feel him watching as she tried to think of what to do, she had never dealt with lost luggage before. "Everything alright?" She heard from the man beside her when she turned to see a look of concern across his stupidly handsome face. The same face that caused her to lose track of her shit.

"Uh.. well.. I was waiting for my bags but... I never saw them come by." She lied as she gestured towards the luggage claim.

Of course, she never saw them, she was far too distracted trying to remember how his hands felt..

Not that she could tell him that.

Eddie hummed at her predicament when he squeezed her arm and said that he'd be right back before heading off towards an employee who was sweeping near by. "They have your name on them, right?" He asked as he spun around on his heels, walking backwards slowly.