chapter twenty four

After the show had finished, Piper was beyond excited to meet up with the boys. She managed to escape from her new acquaintance in the audience, but not before she had practically clung to Pipers leg and begged for her to bring her backstage to "meet the band"..

What she actually meant was "take me backstage so I can try to seduce your boyfriend and/or one of the other guys who might show me an ounce of attention.."

Like that'd actually ever happen..

Which honestly, it more than likely would've if Mike was aware of the desperate girl.. He had a knack for ending up with the 'groupies', treating them like they were some type of stray animal and he was always more than happy to take them in.

So really.. It was for his own benefit that he didn't know..

Piper left her hanging and was thankfully let through by security without a hassle, meaning Eddie must have warned them beforehand which made her heart soar..

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, douche security guard at the Off-Ramp..

The burly security guard she was currently following stopped and pointed in the direction for her to go when she laid eyes on Eddie's frame again and softly gasped.

It didn't matter how many times she saw him, each one caused her to shiver like a giddy schoolgirl catching a glimpse of her crush in the hallway..

How did she get so lucky?

More importantly, how was he so blind?

How long would it be until he finally woke up from whatever spell he was under? Hopefully that day would never come.. but til then, she'd just have to thank her lucky stars.

Eddie was standing with his back to her, talking to a couple of stagehands and she couldn't help but notice that they seemed just as enthralled with him as she were.. Maybe it was the way his muscles flexed as he waved his arms and hands dramatically to act out whatever story he were telling.. Or his shirt sticking to him like glue, making it to where you could see almost every curve and dip of his back and stomach.. Or maybe it was that certain little smile he was always trying to hide because he hated it, the one where you knew he was being genuine.

Whatever the case, they were hanging on every word and gesture he made and Piper knew exactly what it felt like to be in their shoes.

She could hear that he was in the midst of showing off the handy work on his arm when she snuck up behind him and slowly slid her arms around his waist, causing him to jump again.

"Fuck.. you're gonna give me a heart attack, Pipes.." Eddie laughed as he lifted his arm and brought her out from behind him. "I'm gonna get you back.." He whispered and the stagehands took that as their cue to leave as she laughed and snuggled into his chest. He said a quick goodbye to the crew, sending them off with a small wave and a thank you before he wrapped his arms around her tight. He was drenched in sweat and smelt of cigarette smoke but she didn't care.. if anything, it made her want to hug him more.. or do other things..

Especially after hearing him growl out the last few songs on stage, like his inner animalistic nature had been awoken... Maybe it was a good thing she'd yet to see him climb around the stage like a madman.. Not only would she have to worry about his safety but also if she'd have to change her panties or not..

"Sorry, should I warn you next time?.. with hmm, I don't know.. maybe something written on my shirt.. right about here?" Piper had a shit eating grin as she pointed to her chest and batted her eyelashes. Eddie realized what.. or rather who.. she was referring to as a smile slowly crept across his face.