chapter twenty two

Eddie dragged Piper behind him from their place on the rain soaked sidewalk, all the way up to his hotel room with not a word spoken between them. She knew his intentions, her stomach fluttering at the thought and her mind racing with anticipation.. and he didn't disappoint. As soon as their clothes were off, thrown haphazardly across the floor, it seemed as if Dave was the furthest thing from his mind..which Piper was thankful for. She knew the situation was a ticking time bomb, even before she was thrown into the equation. It was just a matter of when, at this point..

But for now, she tried to keep his mind
preoccupied and he.. definitely was preoccupied. She had decided to repay him for the drink he so casually bought, taking him by surprise when she turned them over and straddled him, shooting him a cheeky grin before she slid lower under the covers...

A few hours later, heavy breathing and the whirling of the heater were the only noises that could be heard in the room. Eddie was laid back on the bed with Piper sprawled out on top of him, both slick with sweat and smiles across their faces in a post sex haze. She could feel his heart pounding, as well as her own, like they were two drum beats in tune with each other. His hands were still loosely wrapped in her wavy mane as it was splayed out across his chest, her breath tickling his sternum when she finally broke the silence. "I've never done that to anyone else.." She spoke meekly as she looked up at him, her thick eyelashes framing the baby blues that he loved so much. His chest rumbled quietly as he laughed and gathered all of her hair to one side so that he could trail his fingers across her upper back. "Never done what?"

Piper rolled her eyes and slapped him playfully on his pec, earning herself an "ow" and another laugh. "You know what I'm talking about.." He hummed in response as he continued to caress her back, the soothing feeling of his fingertips making her eyes close. "Maybe you need to refresh my memory.." Her relaxed state was short lived as her eyes shot open, a sly smirk growing across his face as she slapped him again, only harder this time..

Piper took the opportunity as he recoiled and rolled off to his side, a cute whine escaping from his throat as she did. "Where're you goin'? Come back.." His grabby hands tried to reach for her but she rolled far enough away, leaving him cold and with a pouty lip. She smirked back at him, satisfied with her escape.

"How about instead of that... you show me the things you wrote?" She watched as his pout slowly turned serious, a nervous gleam in his eyes as he swallowed hard but nodded. Eddie always wore his heart on his sleeve, willing to show anyone know how much he cared for them at the drop of a dime, especially when he was drunk, but talking about feelings and emotions when it came to Piper scared the shit out of him.. mainly because he had never felt so strongly about someone so quickly.

Eddie pulled the sheets back and slid out of bed before walking to the closet where he rearranged a few things, almost causing a landslide of his stacked shit when he pulled out another cardboard box, just like the one he had shipped her a few weeks prior. He brought the box with him as he made the journey back, unintentionally censoring himself and making Piper giggle. Eddie looked down and realized what she were laughing at, smiling big as he held eye contact with her and moved the box farther up towards his chest, watching as her face flushed. That was something he'd never get tired of..

As he sat the box down on the foot of the bed, the weight of it shifted the mattress, surprising Piper as she figured it would've been light.. It was just letters, after all.. She crawled down to meet him, dragging the blanket with her as he stood waiting and holding onto the sides of the box while she situated herself. He slowly pushed it towards her and watched closely as she peered over, her breath hitching when she saw what was inside..

There were countless trinkets and souvenirs from every place Eddie had visited so far on their tour, accompanied by a notebook just like the one he carried. "I uh ..I figured since you weren't with me, that I'd bring a piece of each place back to you.." Piper was in awe as she looked into the box, she spotted a double decker bus, a bronze mermaid statue and a cup in the shape of a cowboy boot that read "Everything's bigger in Texas" lying amongst the various items before her eyes landed on a miniature version of the Eiffel Tower. She picked it up, turning it in every direction until she got to the bottom, it reading "fabriqué en France" making her slightly embarrassed. She heard Eddie chuckling quietly to himself as he watched her. "You still up for goin' to London to see it?" Piper glared at him, receiving another chuckle as he grabbed the tower from her hand and sat it aside.