chapter twenty seven

just putting a lil warning here for unwanted sexual advances, i don't wanna upset anyone. it's brief and doesn't go further than kissing and touching.

The last thing Piper expected to see when she turned was Dave. Although after everything, she should've expected it.. She should've known better. Her mother might've been an addict, but at least she taught her how to defend herself.. Unfortunately, with skills that have never been put to use because she froze without fail.

Every. Single. Time.

The moment she saw his face, the blue fluorescent light of the drink machine bouncing off his teeth as he smiled, one that didn't quite meet his intense eyes.. She felt her stomach drop and her fight or flight kick in.

Or in this case, just flight.

As much as she wished it were fight.. She didn't have it in her. She could barely think or breathe, let alone fend off the 200 pound wolf who had the upper hand, the one who had been preying on her from the very moment they met, just waiting for the perfect opportunity..

And now he had it.

As he walked closer, her back met the wall.. Piper was out of room with nowhere to go. She had a sinking feeling in her chest that settled into the base of her stomach, making her sick. No one knew what was happening. Eddie was back at the table, thinking that she were still on the phone.. The music was loud, the bass closing up her throat.. She couldn't scream even if she wanted to.

No one would hear her.
No one was coming to help.

There would be no handsome guy to bump into this time. No one to protect her, to hold her hand and tell her that she's safe.

But as she felt his lips on her neck.. His hands roaming over her body as if he were trying to mark his territory.. A person appeared from around the corner, like a beacon of hope unbeknownst to them. Piper watched over Dave's shoulder, her eyes screaming out in a silent plea for help. The two of them made brief eye contact as they stopped right before the door.. and Piper thought for an instant that she were saved, until they rolled their eyes and scoffed.

"Get a room" They said..

And with that, they entered the bathroom, leaving her alone again and taking her last shred of hope with them. As helpless as she felt, she couldn't blame them. From an outside perspective, they must've looked like some love sick couple who couldn't wait any longer to touch each other..

Like her sweet Eddies innocent caresses in the back of the cab, his frenzied but delicate grabs and squeezes as he took her clothes off at the hotel.. His fingers tickling the skin on her thighs under the table at the bar..

But this was different, beyond different. If you looked hard enough, there was no love with these touches, just dominance and possession. Like a wild animal staking claim of its food.

His hands roamed farther and farther down, slipping under her skirt and making her eyes well up as she braced herself for whatever he was planning to do. She closed her teary eyes and tried to force herself back into a happy place, the place she always escaped to whenever her parents fought but all she could see was Pops' smiling face in her mind..

Then Chris's..

And then Eddies..

Each moment she shared with them flashed and played out in her memory, serving as a sliver of strength, giving her the courage that she needed. Each of them had helped and saved her in their own unique ways..

But now, it was time to save herself.. Despite how scared she was.

She needed to buy herself some time. There was only one way.. And the thought alone made her skin crawl.. But she knew what she needed to do.