His Sister's Keeper

After a few miles what was left of the search party was wandering through the forest, following Finn's lead.

"I got nothing. We lost the trail." He finally spoke.

"Keep looking," Bellamy answered, ignoring the problem.

I stayed close to Jasper, one of the few people I knew that was still there. Finn and Bellamy ahead us, arguing about what to do.

"Hey, where's John?" A girl I had no idea the name said.

We all looked at her confused but then looked around searching for whoever John was.

"I just saw him a second ago," Jasper whispered, scared.

"Spread out. He couldn't have gotten that far." Bellamy ordered.

Before I could actually start walking, still next to Jasper, it started to rain bodies, well at least one body. I stepped back. It was John, I guessed. The "leaders" of the rescue party, Finn and Bellamy, got near the body, trying to explain what had just happened.

"They use the trees." As soon as Finn said this birds started to surround us making me get a bit closer to Jasper.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary." A guy that wasn't that far away from us said.

"Now can we go back?" A girl asked.

"There. Right there." Jasper pointed at a figure moving between the trees.

"Another one." The first boy spoke again.

"We should run," Finn affirmed and we all started running.

I was trying my best to run fast and steady, I was really clumsy and fell way too easily. Right now that would mean death, so all I cared about was not falling or run into a tree. I was ignoring everything they were saying because that would just make it more likely for me to fall.

"I can't run much longer!" I heard Jasper said after a while.

"You can do it." I tried saying even if I was running out of breath.

"I'm not stopping for him!" The boy from before screamed.

"I'm sick of running anyway," Bellamy said and stopped, making me almost bump into him. Almost.

I stopped. Trying to catch my breath.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Finn asked, stopping too.

"They know where she is."

Suddenly the girl that was with us started running. "Diggs, where are you?" She screamed.

"Roma!" We heard someone answer.

I guess I had figured their names. They all started running after her, and I had to do the same. No way I was going to stay there alone. We heard her screaming when we were just getting to her. There was Diggs' body impaled by a grounder trap.

"Wait! Roma. Could be more. Stop." Finn tried to call her but the sight of the corpse just made her run even faster.

"They were leading us here. It's the only direction we could run in." Jasper realized, looking around us.

"Hey, where they go?" Finn asked, looking for the grounders.

"After Roma." Bellamy started running.

"Can we please stop running?" I begged under my breath.

Jasper gave me a sympathetic smile before waiting for me to start running so we could go together.