Memorial

The next day things were still terrible at the camp. We all had people we knew at Mt Weather, we had all lost people. I was looking at the door that lead to the main building, I knew Bellamy was going to talk to Kane, and I was worried.

"Get away from me!" I heard Jaspers voice and I rose an eyebrow as my attention drifted there.

It was Jasper and Monty and they were clearly arguing, I quickly rushed there but Octavia was faster.

"Hey! Jasper, what's wrong?" I heard her ask.

"He's not going the memorial," Monty answered her, as I arrived.

"It's a little late for a Mt. Weather memorial, don't you think?" Jasper answered.

"Jas, memorials are for the living, not the dead. Unfortunately, there weren't many living that cared before." I told him.

Before he could answer me an alarm started ringing. "All Arkadia security personnel, report to the main gate."

"What now?" Octavia muttered as the 4 of us started walking to the gate.

"All Arkadia security personnel, report to the main gate." The alarm repeated.

As soon as we got near the gate we saw some grounders being surrounded by guards. I quickly recognized one of them.

"Nyko," Octavia said, before looking at us and started to walk towards there.

I quickly followed her. Why didn't I remember this? Nyko had already been here, sick, I didn't remember him coming back.

"Hey, hey, hey. That's enough. Stop it!" Octavia told the guard that was almost fighting Nyko. "The Chancellor told Nyko that we would help."

"You're one of them. You take them in." The guard answered.

Then it came to me. They were the grounders that would be stuck here during Pike's rule.

"Are we sure we can help?" I asked Octavia. "We no longer have Mount Weather, maybe it's better if..." I couldn't finish the sentence, the way Nyko was looking at me broke my heart. He had been kind to me before, leaving his people out would pay off in the long run but I wasn't strong enough to just tell him no right there, especially because they could die without treatment anyway. I took a deep breath. "I'll help you take them inside."

I helped one of them, carrying him on my shoulder.

"I heard about Mt. Weather. I'm very sorry." Nyko said.

I helped them get to medical and from there I went to the memorial, that had already started, but I wanted to be there for everyone. Gina was my friend too, after all.

I entered and Pike was talking, about how we all die and called someone to speak for Iris Jones. I spotted Bellamy and walked towards him, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey," I whispered before sitting next to him. "You okay?"

He didn't answer, only shrugging his shoulders. It broke my heart to see him like that. Bryan walked to the front, to speak. I set there, listening to him talk, feeling guilty, and knowing Bellamy was by my side feeling the same.

"It's not your fault," I tried.

"Not now," He spoke.

"We will miss Iris. May we meet again," Pike said as soon as Bryan was finished.

We all repeated may we meet again, I always felt like that sentence meant more than just goodbye. It was closer to I love you than to goodbye.

"Who will speak for Gina Martin?" Pike said and I quickly looked at Bellamy.

He looked at the Iliad in his hand and got up, looking at me, I gave him a small smile as a form of encouragement. He walked to the front.

"Gina was real. She always saw the light, even here. She deserved better. May we meet again." Bellamy lied the book near the rest of the objects.

Before we could all repeat the sentence some guards entered and started talking to Pike. I quickly got up and looked at Lincoln who seemed as uncomfortable as me.

"You gave a Grounder one of our radios?" Pike's voice was loud, unlike before when it was just a whisper.

"Sir, are we under attack?" Monty's mom asked.

I quickly moved closer to Lincoln, I knew where that was heading. This was not a good moment for people to remember he was a grounder.

"No, we are not under attack. The Commander sent a peacekeeping force to ensure that we can defend against any further attacks from the Ice Nation." Kane explained.

"Peacekeeping force? Even you can't be that naïve, Marcus!" Pike replied. That man was so annoying.

"Watch your tone. You're talking to the next Chancellor. We're all grieving. This has been hard on all of us, but we can't let anger drive our policy," Abby joined.

"Anger is our policy!" Pike jumped to the stage. "Now if they're here to defend us, as you say, then tell them to go home. We can defend ourselves."

"You!" I heard someone screaming and pointing at Lincoln. I moved closer to him, but I was very small comparing to Linc. "You don't belong here."

Before I could even think I saw a rock flying above me and hitting Lincoln's head. Everyone started screaming and trying to attack Lincoln, as I tried to help him since he was feeling dizzy from the hit. Bellamy was near us now, stopping people from attacking him.

Pike whistled and suddenly everyone in the room was quiet. "We do not attack our own! Fighting each other only makes us weak. The enemy is not in this camp. The enemy is out there." 

Abby rushed to get to us.

"Lincoln, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine."

"No, he's not," I corrected.

"Lincoln, you need to go to medical," She said.

"I'll take him," I looked at her.

"No!" He told me before starting to walk away.

I looked at Abby and then took a deep breath before following Lincoln. He was quicker than me, even dizzy. I found him outside, and it looked like he had just punched a wall.

"Linc, please... You need to get to medical. You are not okay. Come on," I told him before grabbing his arm. "Let's pretend I can actually force you to come and just follow me."

He followed me to medical and Abby, that had arrived before us, made him sit down and started stitching him up. Pike arrived in no time, to ask Lincoln not to press charges, which annoyed me beyond explanation.

"Lincoln, we need to set an example," Kane answered as soon as Lincoln agreed.

"Yeah, we do." He said.

"The man just lost his son, Marcus," Pike said.

"That's not an excuse. We've all lost people." I said.

"Listen, you're just a kid, when you are older you'll understand," He gave me a smile but it didn't feel real.

"What happened?" Octavia said, entering.

"I said no charges," Lincoln repeated.

"Thank you," Pike said before pushing past Octavia to leave.

Everyone started walking away, including Abby that told O not to worry, he'd be fine.

"Well, I'll give you two some space," I said and left medical.

A/N

Hello! I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It was a rollercoaster of emotions! Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Quick question, just because I'm a very curious person. How did you guys found this story? Did you search for something like it? Was suggested by Wattpad? Suggested by someone? Tell me!

Anyway, see you next chapter!