Ch. 4

^^^^^Tex^^^^^

When we finished in the garden for the morning Tex asked if we could go swim. I didn't mind wanting to as well. When we got to the gate, I shifted and took off. He followed. I charged into the water and swam across. I felt my mane grabbed halfway and didn't care. When I started coming out of the water he was on my back.

He found the place I loved to be scratched and nearly got me laying down. He messed with the wet strands nearest to him before I found a shade tree. He got off my back and shifted back. I was about to lay down when he nudged me to turn to face outward. He nibbled and nipped at my neck.

He's grooming me. I started doing the same to him. I stopped and looked over his back. Those wild dogs were back. I backed away from him. He took notice and nudged me farther away. I barely moved. He finally bit me to move. I did, going for the nearest brush. He stayed there watching them.

When they didn't pass as soon as he had hoped, he moved a bit closer as a challenge. When they didn't notice him, I checked where he bit. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to hurt. About an hour later the dogs went away from us and the mainstead. He came over to where I was hiding and nickered.

I came out and stood near him. He checked where he bit me and licked it. He then nudged me to start walking back. He followed at a close distance behind me. He was covering my blind spots. I'm sure no other would probably do this. When we got to the gate, I shifted. He offered to give me a lift to my house.

He stepped closer when I reached out. I used him to regain my balance before letting him take me to my house. Once there, he didn't let me off as he shifted back. I was still on his back. He held onto my legs while I had my arms around his neck. He opened the door and set me on the side of the couch.

I didn't feel good. He felt my forehead and went into my kitchen. I gripped the sides of the couch. He came back with a damp rag and pressed it against my cheeks and forehead. He felt them again. "Your warm Sweetheart." He said. I wanted to get up to puke but was so dizzy I couldn't.

"Lay down on the couch for me." He said before going to get a glass of water. I did as he said before he came back with a glass. He sat down in front of me on the coffee table offering it to me. I took it and drank it slowly. "Feel any better?" He asked. I nodded. "I'd go take a lukewarm bath to cool off more." He said taking the empty glass. He helped me to my feet and a few steps before letting me walk.

I still felt dizzy. An arm shot out and wrapped around my waist. "Still dizzy?" He asked from behind. I nodded. "Mind if I help you to the bathroom?" He asked. I shook my head. He walked behind me still holding onto me as we went down the hall. I pointed out the bathroom and hung onto the doorframe as he started the water for me.

I sighed before he moved closer to me and helped me closer to the tub. My eyes must have given him an I don't care look because he took my shorts and shirt off. Then silently asked if it was alright for him to remove my undergarments. I nodded before he pulled my sports bra over my head and pulled my underwear down.

He helped me into the tub before kneeling down in front of it. "Is this any better?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. He grabbed the cup on the side of the tub and filled it with water. He poured it over my back rinsing all the dirt off. Then drained the tub.

He refilled it and offered to wash my body. I let him. He washed my hair too before draining the tub one last time before grabbing a towel and offering me a hand. He wrapped it around me and helped me out of the tub. He dried me off completely before offering to carry me to my room.

I honestly wanted to just lay down and sleep. He set me down on the bed and asked where everything was. He asked if it was alright to dress me before I nodded. I pretty much wanted to lounge around the house until I get over this dizziness.