Ch. 10

Wesson led me to a building next. He knocked before entering. He ushered me inside. "This is how our herd makes money to buy the things we need." Wesson said. The glass pane was darkened for the welding on the other side. "Harris does this half the day while Axel takes the afternoon shifts. They switch at noon every day and work in here the other half.

"Today, they were making metal posts for the garden." He said then hit a buzzer. The guy on the other side of the window stopped what he was doing, looked over and came to the door. He opened it and stood there. "Interrupting my work?" He asked. "Someone wanted to meet you in person." Wesson said.

"Figured it would have been sooner or later." Harris said. "Tex approve of this?" "He can't get onto us if she wanted to." Wesson said. "True. Would you like to see how it's coming?" Harris asked. I nodded. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and led me through. "Can't go barefoot in here." He said. He showed me the posts that were made this morning and the one he was working on now.

"We'll be able to put them in tomorrow and see how many more we need to make." He said as he walked me back to the door. "If you're ever sent over here, knock on the door first, the only bathroom is in this area behind the door there. I call it a design flaw, Axel doesn't care that it's there. It works though and none of the girls like it." Harris said at the door.

"It was nice seeing ya Honey." "You too Harris." He gave me a side hug before Wesson held the door open for me. I exited then followed Wesson to the next place. It was another stand. "Can't be walking round like that." A guy said. "I know. Is it slow over here like it is at Greg's post?" Wesson asked.

"At the moment. Don't know bout the other side. Come on up." The guy said. Wesson let me go first. The guy pulled me up and sat me on one of his legs. "Taking her around to meet most of us?" He asked Wesson. "Yeah. The slow days are probably the best to." Wesson said.

"Well then. I'm James. North look out." The guy I was sitting on said. Something caught his eye. "Stay close to her on the way back to the main part. It just got busy." James said. Wesson quickly got down and helped me down. He looked out before picking me up. We went back to the mainstead and to my place.

"I guess that's all we're going to do for a while." Wesson said. I wasn't going to ask what was going on. "Stay here for a moment." He said stepping out of the house. I went to look out a window away from the front door and large windows. Two horses stopped before Tex came into view.

One shifted. It was a male. Then the other shifted. It was a female. Tex and the male talked for a little bit before Tex nodded. Harris came into view. Tex turned to him then Harris turned and started walking. The guy and girl followed. Tex then looked over at the house before turning to walk towards a building.

"Honey." I moved from the window to see where Wesson was. "Tex is wanting to see you in his office when Harris lets him know they're through." He said. I nodded. "I wouldn't worry. Probably wants to spend some time with you." He said. I nodded again.

When Wesson got the text he walked with me to the building. "This is where most of the guys have a room. Most of the time, we share rooms and turns on patrol or guard at night." He said then knocked on a certain door. "Come in." Tex said. Wesson opened the door letting me in.

Tex moved away from the desk he was at and motioned for me to come up to him. "I've got her Wesson. Go do what you need to before tomorrow." Tex said to him. Wesson nodded before closing the door. Tex pulled me onto his lap. "How was your day?" He asked.

"Good." I answered. He held me against him and took a deep breath. "Who did you go visit today?" He asked. "Greg, Harris, and James." I answered. "Who did you meet yesterday?" He asked. "Chester and Madysyn." I answered. He hummed a response. "We need to finish some things up before we do anything else." He said.

"Like what?" I asked. "I need your schedule for your cycle." He said. "Also where I can get your medical and shot records." I nodded. Then pulled up my cycle on my phone for him to see it then said that both records, Xavier can mail them to him. "I'll have to set up the dates in my phone for the dates of your ovulation." He said.

I knew he was wanting to try and get the most accurate day to try and get me pregnant. It's the optimum time for it too. "You'll have plenty of days to get settled in and get to know all of the guys and set up a schedule fit for yourself. You'll be able to meet several of the girls and see what kind of connection there may be." He said before kissing my cheek.

"Ready for dinner?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. He kissed my temple that time and stood me to my feet as he stood.