Ch. 5

I woke up with an arm over my upper body. I picked my head up seeing what position I was in. I had a light blanket on, covering my body. Tex was sleeping next to me. His arm was draped over me. Probably in case I moved to get up, it would stir him.

He's actually pursued me. I guess I let him though. My phone dinged. I grabbed it. It was Xavier. 'I need to talk to you.' I went to move to get up and Tex rolled over. His eyes opened and immediately looked at me. "Sorry I woke you." I said. "No worries I probably need to get up anyway." He said. He didn't have a blanket on and looked freshly showered.

I got up and made sure I wasn't dizzy before starting to walk. I went to the kitchen and got a drink before going to Xavier's office. I knocked on the door before I heard a come in. I opened to door. Xavier asked me to shut the door and to sit down.

"What did I do this time bro?" I asked as I sat down in one of the chairs. "Nothing. Saw you two were heading out towards the pond this morning after finishing up in the garden." He said. "He asked if we could go swim." I said. "Any trouble?" He asked. "Some of the wild dogs were out." I said.

"Is that how you got that bruise?" He asked. I scrunched my brows before looking to see what he was talking about. "Oh. That wasn't the dogs. Myself was being stubborn and refused to leave the tree." I said. "Mm. So you needed some persuasion." He said. "Something like that." I said.

"Did he follow you here?" He asked. "I don't think so." I said. "Good. I'm asking you this once. There is another stallion coming tomorrow and he wants to personally meet you. I need to know where exactly you stand with Tex before anything else." He said.

"He's more into protecting any girl that he's around other than letting them fend for themselves." I said. "Something the guys here won't do for you." He said. I nodded. "If you want to go with him, I'm not going to hold you here. He'll probably take better care of you than I can." Xavier said.

"I could ask if I can come and visit." I said. "He would already allow it. I can tell you that. I'll have your stuff shipped to there and it can be there by the time you two get there." He said. "Do you have garden help?" I asked. "I've got it covered sis. Go with him if you want to. I won't mind it. Just let me know when you get there." He said.

I nodded. I didn't smile as wide as I could have. He let me go back to my house. Tex was at the stove making something. "You good?" He asked. "Yeah. There is another stallion coming tomorrow that wants to meet me." I said. There was a quick hard look on his face before he softened it.

"I hope tuna is alright with you." He said. "It's fine. Just a quick meal." I said. "Still dizzy?" He asked. "Not really." I said. He moved closer to feel my cheeks. "You feel cooler." He said. Then felt my forehead. "Has anyone done this for you before?" He asked. I shook my head. "Would you go with me if I said that every day would be like this?" He asked.

"Like what?" I asked. "Being watched over, made sure your safe, make sure you don't pass out from heat like you did earlier." He said. "The guys that I selected will notice if one of the girls is walking where the rest are not." "And they will follow?" I asked. "To the best of their ability." He said. "I'm guaranteeing safety if you do come with me." He said.

"When would we be able to leave?" I asked. "We can leave tonight close to dark. You know your land better than I do and I can get us to my land." He said. I nodded. "Pack what you want to be shipped there. It's not a long trip. Maybe two days at max." He said.

I stepped closer to him. He let me come right up to him. As soon as I was close enough, he pulled me in to hug me. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'll finish our food and let you know when it's done." He said. I nodded. He released me and let me go pack what I needed.

When I was almost done, I went to eat before finishing the last of it. "Ready?" Tex asked. "Yeah." I answered. "I will tell you right now, the girls I already have do not like work or getting their hands dirty. I'm going to need some help to convince them. You can ask any of the guys for help and they will do it. We'll travel mostly at night and early morning.

"During the heat, we'll find some shade and water to keep cool and get some rest." He said. I nodded. He offered his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me to my feet. "We will though get a drink before we go." He said. I let him lead the way through my house. We both got a good drink before going outside.

"We are going to have to take the long way around." I said. "I'm following you." He said. I shifted and led the way. He followed behind me. Once we reached the edge he took the lead. He started a lope and kept glancing back to see if I was following. When morning hit, I was starting to wear out.

I guess he noticed because he slowed his pace. We reached a water trough out in the middle of nowhere. He sniffed it before looking back to me. I slowly moved up to the side. It didn't smell right to me. I backed up and wanted to keep going. He followed. He took the lead again.