Chapter 1

(a/n hello! We are Fox and Rabbit. This story is written by two people and it's based on Dramione. All characters are owned by JK Rowling and not us. We hope you enjoy reading! This story is based after the War, but before the Cursed Child, just in case you were wondering.)

The steam from the engine curls around the curlicues of the iron sign reading nine and three quarters. On the platform, there were figures in a mixture of normal clothes and black robes. A girl stands at the side, earnestly surveying the scene, searching for her friends. Through the gateway walks a tall, lanky ginger boy and a slightly more average-sized boy with black hair and green eyes. The girl sighed in relief and hurries towards them.

Hermione's POV

Harry had finally arrived and with Ron too! She blushed slightly as she looked at the familiar ginger head. Things had been slightly... off the last time they had talked, but maybe now that they would see each other every day, things would straighten themselves out a bit. And Ron would be so proud of her - she was now Head Girl! She smiled down at her shiny new badge. Her parents would have been so proud. She blinked back tears as she remembered the Memory charm she had had to cast on them to protect them from Voldemort. Harry had understood. She couldn't let them get hurt because of her. She had had no other choice.

She quickly shook the thought away before finally reaching the two boys, dodging and ducking between excited students. Harry saw her first, and a big smile spread across his face.

"Hermione!"

Ron swivelled round and she caught his eye and smiled but his reaction startles her. He looks away quickly and avoids her gaze. She sighed. Maybe they needed to talk. Actually, make that definitely.

"Hi. How are you both?" Hermione says, still trying to catch Ron's eye.

"Oh, we've had a great time," Harry says, then adds in an undertone "Don't worry about Ron - he's been acting a bit... well, weird."

Hermione nodded gratefully. Maybe he was going through a rough time. After all, she still had bad dreams that made her scream aloud at night, and Harry had PTSD(post-traumatic stress disorder) from all that he had gone through. But he didn't know - she felt it wasn't a thing that she should tell him. If he wanted to know he would ask. Sometimes it was a curse to be able to work things out so easily.

*****

The train gave out a loud whistle, implying it was about to depart, and all the people on the platform began to get on to the train, saying their final farewells to their family and friends. Harry, Ron and Hermione got on and started looking for an empty compartment. A while later, they came across one where Ginny, Luna and Neville were already inside. Harry's face lit up at the sight of his girlfriend. Ginny didn't realise they were there until the door squeaked, then she threw herself into the arms of her boyfriend. Ron snorted. What was wrong with him? As if sensing her confusion, Ron looked across at her, then mouthed outside? Hermione sighed a sigh of relief. At last he was going to sort it out!

Hermione excused herself and followed Ron out of the compartment. She turned around to see Ron looking down and avoiding eye contact. What could Ron possible want this time? They should have met up over the summer. Long-distance relationships never work. But then again, she hadn't even received a single owl from him.

Ron finally looked up.

"I think we need a break from each other."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." Ron said, his eyes gazing back at the floor.

"But why? I don't understand."

"I just think it's the right thing to do."

"What. Why?"

Ron looked back up, the tips of his ears going scarlet. "You wanna know why? Because you're boring. And ugly. And dull. You never want to have fun. All you do is just work, work and work. It's so bloody irritating how you never want to spend any time together. So we're done. OK?"

Ron took one big breath, turned, and marched off down the corridor leaving Hermione standing there alone. She had never been more stunned.