Chapter 7

Ginny POV

Ginny and Harry were in Transfiguration class taking notes on what Professor Mcgonagall was saying. Luckily, they sat next to each other right at the back of the classroom so it wouldn't be too tedious whereas Hermione, on the other hand, enjoyed sitting at the front.

"Alright class, can anyone tell me what the spell 'Incarcerous' does?" As soon as she finished the question, a hand shot up so quickly it almost knocked over the ink pot in front of her and Ginny didn't even need to think to know who it was, seeing as she already answered the last three questions as well.

"Yes, Miss Granger?"

"The Incarcerous Spell is a spell that can conjure up thick ropes or thin cords from thin air. It can be used to bind the person or creature the caster is pointing his or her wand at. The spell is also a form of conjuration." Hermione finished with a big breath.

"Perfect answer Miss Granger. Five points to Gryffindor."

A thought suddenly struck Ginny's mind as she looked at the familiar brunette. She whispered over to Harry, "Harry, do you think Malfoy fancies Hermione?"

Harry turned his head looking rather confused, "Why would he fancy Hermione...although on second thought, they have been rather... flirty to one another this year. Malfoy seems to have changed for the better especially after the war, but I still have my suspicions."

"Yeah, I guess so," Ginny continued taking notes until the end of class. She had decided that she was going to have a nice little chat with Malfoy.

When class ended, everyone rushed out of the classroom and Ginny had told Harry and Hermione she needed to sort out some 'important business' and that she would join them afterwards whereas in reality she was actually going to the hospital wing.

*****

Ginny approached the hospital bed and saw that Malfoy seemed to be sleeping.

"Pssst, Malfoy. Get up you lazy ferret!"

Malfoy woke up immediately leaving a startled Ginny as she hadn't expected him to be such a light sleeper. He looked at Ginny with a surprised expression.

"What are you doing here Weaslette?"

"Oh nothing, I'm just here to have a nice little conversation with you. That's all."

"That seems very... unnecessary"

"Look Malfoy, I'm not going to beat around the bush. Do you like Hermione?"

Malfoy seemed really shocked at the sudden question.

"What?"

"I said, do you like Hermione?"

"Why would I answer that?"

"Because I'm her best friend therefore I deserve to know."

"No, I don't like her... she definitely likes me though."

"Oh shut up Malfoy, I've seen the way you look at her. When she smiles, your whole expression changes."

"What are you talking about? And besides, even if I did like Granger, I wouldn't tell you anyway."

Ginny pretended to ignore what Malfoy had said.

"Merlin's beard, just admit it."

"No."

Ginny sighed. "Fine. I'm just going to stop wasting my precious time before I'm late to my next class."

"You do that."