Epilogue

Ginny smiled. Her daughter, Lily giggled hysterically in Harry's arms.

"I'm just going in to get sandwiches." she called.

"Okay." Harry replied, tickling his daughter. Lily screamed with laughter, squirming away from her dad.

Ginny walked back to the house. They were having a picnic in their front garden, just the three of them. With Harry being an Auror, they didn't have much time with all three of them anymore, so days like this were a gift.

The sun beat down on the dahlias and larkspur in the neat flowerbeds. Ginny sighed. She would have to water them soon. She stepped into the cool shade of the house and walked into the kitchen. The sandwiches were already prepared, wrapped with cling-film. Through the open window, sounds of happy laughter drifted in, along with the faintest breeze. She picked up the sandwiches and walked back outside the house.

She was halfway back to the garden, when everything went wrong. Ginny blinked rapidly. She'd been getting increasingly worse headaches - in fact she'd had headaches since... well, since Hermione got Draco back, but this... Her vision was blurring over.

"Harry?" she called. She could hear his footsteps - he had heard the panic in her voice and was coming. He would always protect her. But he was too late. Her eyes flickered, then went dark. She could feel the sandwiches slipping from her grasp, sliding onto the floor.

"Ginny!" shouted a voice from a very long way away. Harry's here, she thought hazily. Ginny gripped onto a shelf of light and clarity in her head, while a void of darkness tugged at the edges of her mind, pulling on her mind. It felt like she was in a hurricane that was yanking her away. She wasn't strong enough to hold on for long. She concentrated on her lips, forcing them to move with the last of her strength

"I love... you... forever..."

Ginny lost her grip on the light and fell forwards into black. The last thing she heard was Harry.

"Gin, I love you too. Please, no no no..."

Then Ginny sank down and darkness swallowed her.