You Learn Who Your Friends Are

The next morning I hear Dean and Sam moving about the bunker, and I'm hesitant to come out of my room. I don't want to discuss last night with Dean. Nothing happened, but that's the problem. Nothing happened because I didn't let it happen.

Personally, I believe I have a lot of thinking to do. I still wonder if anyone is looking for me, but I highly doubt it, because I would've been found by now. I still wonder if I can trust these three, even though I have little to no reason not to. And now I wonder if there's something between Dean and I. He's hard to read, and I don't understand emotions.

As I sit, pondering my thoughts and debating with myself, someone knocks on my door.

"Come in," I call.

Of course, none other than Dean Winchester strolls through my doorway. "Hey."

"Hey."

He skips a beat. Then another. Finally, I turn my head to meet his stare.

"Do you need something?" I ask.

"I just wanted to make sure you're doing okay," Dean says. "You seemed a little weird last night."

"Dean, I'm fine," I assure him.

"You know that if I did something, you can tell me, right?"

I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. This man gets on my last nerves. "It truly isn't you. You didn't do anything. You'd know. I was tired and not ready for whatever could've happened, alright?"

Dean nods. "Alright, fair enough. Sam and I are leaving for a hunt in a little while, we plan on being back in three days. I know you don't eat or...anything, at all, but there's food and drinks, the library is all yours. Just don't do anything stupid while we're gone. If you need something, call Cas."

"Like, hunting animals?" I ask. I'm confused.

"No," Dean chuckles. "Looks like a djinn, over in Utah. We hunt monsters."

"Oh," I stutter a bit, "well, be safe. See you in a few days."

Dean smirks. "Always."

He leaves me feeling flustered. Quickly, I get my emotions in check. After about two hours, I hear the boys leave, and I finally have the bunker to myself. I've been curious to find out more about this place.

I go about the building, peeking into rooms and rifling through old cabinets and boxes of things. I come across tons of lore, spell ingredients, books, files about people and tons of sticky notes with messy handwritings about events or people.

Hours pass as I enjoy myself, and enjoy invading the boys' privacy. I have no clue what time it is now. Part of me wants to snoop through their rooms to figure out more about them, but I can't bring myself to do it. They wouldn't do it to me.

By the time I sit down and look at the time, it's 5 p.m., and I find myself bored again. I want to explore the outside of the bunker a little bit, so I do.

Outside, the sun is setting. The sky is pretty again, just like the last time I was outside. There's some trees near the entrance to the bunker, so I go explore.

Wildflowers are blooming on the ground at the base of thick trees that branch widely at the top and form a canopy from the sky. The greenery shines in the golden light of the sunset and birds chirp in the distance. A rustle of the bushes behind me startles me, but it's just a squirrel.

I walk for a little while longer, until it gets dark. Remembering what Dean said, I start to make my way back to the bunker. But I don't make it far before a familiar voice greets me from out of nowhere.