Trouble

In the following days, I return to my safe house, and the boys return to the bunker. It doesn't sit right with me, but then again, nothing does. Half of me wanted so badly to go back to the bunker with them, but the other half just didn't feel safe.

Unfortunately, I'm a woman of my instincts.

It's a Saturday night. I'm in a bar, running the old tricks that Sam and Dean taught me. Taking any man's money that challenges me to pool. The hustle never stops; at this point I could outplay both of the brothers.

After countless successful games, I take a break and walk to the bar for a drink. I order whiskey on the rocks because it reminds me of Dean. As I sip down the spirit, I see the door open out of the corner of my eye. Out of curiosity, I turn to see who came in. To my surprise, it's a familiar face.

Sigrid's eyes meet mine. She looks frantic and I know that means that something's up. I set my drink down and make my way over to her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask over the music. "How'd you find me?"

"I'm just that good," she shrugs, sounding breathless. "Come outside, we need to talk."

I follow her out the door, into the neon light from the bar signs. It reminds me of the night Dean saved me.

"I have bad news. Your dad and his people have been looking around for you."

I tilt my head. "How do you know?"

Sigrid pulls out her phone and displays some photos. I don't see anything but piles of dirt - but then it hits me.

"The scythe..." I breathe.

"They've been killing hunters and any sort of monster that they think might've seen you. From what I know, they were in North Dakota yesterday."

My heart drops. It's not close to here, but it's close to good people that have helped me.

"You can't be out showing your face in public like this, Mal," Sigrid warns. "Your dad has eyes everywhere right now. This is dangerous for you...and your friends."

I know who she's talking about. She's not talking about the friends I've made here, she's talking about Sam, Dean and Cas.

For the first time in a long time, I don't know what to do.

"I think you should go find them," she suggests. "Your father is moving fast. They won't stand a chance if he gets to them."

I nod. "You have to come with me."

Sigrid hesitates, giving it some thought. "But who's going to watch out here?"

"I don't know. But if you can predict where they're going, then we have a shot at catching them off guard and resolving this. I don't know how to do that without you, so I need you with me."

She nods. "Fine. I'll go get packed. We should leave in the morning."

"Meet me at my place."

Sigrid nods, and she's off. Quickly, I make my way to my car and hurry home. The thought of calling Dean crosses my mind, but I can't risk anything being intercepted.

Do they know how to do that?

No time to think about it.

When I get home, I grab my bags and start throwing my clothes in haphazardly. Luckily, I haven't accumulated much over the year, so it doesn't take me long.

Once everything is ready to go, I lay down, but my mind is going a hundred miles per hour. I can't sleep. Instead, I grab my weapons bag and start cleaning my guns and sharpening my knives.