The Mess

Moving fast, I unlock the sanctuary door and go inside. I find the same room that I was in the last time I was here. Unfortunately, it's warded. I try to pry it open anyway, but the warding glows red and burns my hand.

"Okay, Cas. The door to the souls is warded. I can't get it open, so hopefully you can. If you can, just pop into the sanctuary. The door is open and there's no sigils right now to keep anyone out. I -"

A flutter sounds behind me. I turn to see Cas and Dean, brandishing weapons and defenses of all sorts.

"That was quick," I notice.

"Quick and easy is the best way to do it," Dean cracks.

I laugh. "Let's do this before we run out of time. Cas, can you open this?"

"Let me see," he sighs. He observes the warding for a second before he nods, places a hand on the door, and literally melts the warding off. "I expected more powerful warding."

I shrug and quickly open the door for Cas and Dean. Cas enters and begins to scan the shelves for the right souls.

"Not your every day job huh?" I ask Dean.

"Not exactly," Dean says. "This place makes my skin crawl."

"Why?"

As if on cue, an extremely angry Jasper enters, with four other reapers in tow.

"That's why," Dean mutters.

"Mallory, have you not learned your lesson?" Jasper booms, hurrying toward me.

Before I can even react, Dean steps in front of me, colliding with Jasper and throwing him to the ground.

"Cas!" I yell, realizing that Dean and I can't fight them all alone.

Cas emerges from the room, and suddenly, it's a bloodbath.

Dean has two reapers, I have two, and Cas has Jasper. I don't pay much attention to anyone except the two former comrades in front of me, trying to kill me.

One jabs at me with a knife, but I dodge it and grab her arm, flinging her into the stone walls of the sanctuary. The other lands a blow on my face, but I take him to the ground and return his damage, three times over.

I'm almost ready to kill him, but I lose track of the female until she tackles me off of him, and nearly kills me. She plunges her blade into my arm as I squirm, trying to get free.

"Damn it!" I cry, the pain searing through to my finger tips. Before I have another breath, she rips it out. She relishes my pain, and I use her distraction to throw her off of me. She hits her head on the floor. As she comes out of her daze, I grab her blade from her hands, and bury it into her chest.

The male is easy work after I finish the female. A few blows and cuts take place before I take a fatal slice at his jugular and send him to the ground in a puddle of his own blood. Mentally, I thank Castiel for the good training, and heal my arm.

I look around. Now, it's just Dean and Cas, holding Jasper down. Somehow, Dean formed a reaper trap on the floor in a matter of seconds, and has now shoved Jasper into it, where he's captive.

"You bitch," Jasper seethes at me. "You used me. You're a traitor, and a worthless waste of life."

Without hesitation, Dean punches Jasper, eliciting a spray of blood from his mouth. "Shut up."

"Don't you get it?" I ask, hysteria filling my words. "I'm sick of this! My dad treats me like I'm useless and now you, the only person I could trust...you're an ass. I want to be free, and I can't find that here."