chapter 6 - are you alright, love?

[Oliver]

It was Sunday morning, two weeks after the first time I hung out with Bennett. During those two weeks, I found out about all his pet peeves, hobbies, dreams, aspirations... but I never heard about his girlfriend. The only thing I knew about her was that she scared him.

It made me hurt.

I sat up on my bed and saw a small figure by my side. Golden hair was scattered everywhere, sun shining on his face. He had quiet snores escape his lips.

Oh yeah, he slept over last night.

All I remembered was him crying all night, keeping me awake.

I started to get out of bed and heard a small groan and mumble. I felt a tug at my shirt and saw him slowly open his eyes.

"Oliver?" I heared him whisper, "Can you... come closer...?"

I nodded and he crawled over to me, straddling me. I embraced him with a welcome hug.

We were like that for a while, but I liked it. I liked it alot.

"Can I shower?" He asked. I nodded again.

He left the room and went to the shower, leaving silence in the room agin.

He came back after a while and I found myself looking at his body. His pale skin was healing from the bruises and cuts that were on his body weeks back. He looked human.

"Hey," he whispered, drying his hair with a small towel.

"You look great." I said, grinning.

"I know I do," he laughed, "with these killer looks and hot bod, what else do you expect?"

I laughed.

"I'm kidding..." he said, laughter dying off.

"You wish you were, cuz you're bloody hot." I winked.

"Ohh smoooth..." he smirked. God, it was a good look on him.

———

⚠️ warning: abuse and suicide mentions ⚠️

[Bennett]

I got home and things were out of control.

"Where were you?" Ella asked menacingly.

"At Oliver's..."

"Are you a fag now? You've been at his house or with him literally everyday!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry that I have friends." I tried to sound as nonchalant as I could.

"I'm sorry that I have friends..." she mocked, "well at least tell me, fuck."

She walked up to me. The sound of my heartbeat filled my ears.

Shit shit shit...

"You're gonna get what you fucking deserve. You never stay home cause you're always at that fag's house. Where's my fucking love? Huh? Why the fuck am I with you when you are getting it in the ass with other boys? Fuck!"

She threw the closest object at me making me gasp for air.

"Shit..." I muttered, "babe, I'm sorry! I-I will make it up t-to you..."

"By doing what fag?" She hissed and grabbed my hair.

"A-anything... I-I love you. Y-you should know that!" I cried.

"Kill yourself then. If you really love me, kill yourself"

With that, she left the room.

I found myself on the floor trembling and crying. I knew how worthless I was. I knew how much of a burden I was. I didn't deserve to be on this earth.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called Oliver.

"C-can you pick me up?"

———

I heard him knock on the door.

He was here now.

"Bennett, are you okay?" he asked through the door. I slowly got up, slouching. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Are you alright, love?" He asked, quieting down. I just went up to him and gave him a tight embrace, growing into a sob. "Shh... shh... it's alright, baby."

I felt his voice calming. I tried to hold back my cries and tears, but that made it worse.

"Darling..." He whispered, "do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head.

"I'm okay," I replied, giving him a teary smile.

"Ok..." I could see the skepticism in his eyes, but I knew he didn't want to question it. I saw him look around the room and there was a vase, shattered and scattered all over the floor.

"I-I dropped it..." I said, nervously. He simply nodded. I felt him nudge my forehead with his nose and I looked up. He gave me his signature, toothy smile and placed his hands on my face.

I felt his lips creep closer to mine, making me flush with heat.

His dark, plump lips barely skimmed mine.

Then he moved away, sighing in discontent.

"Forget it..." He whispered, "I made a mistake."

Why did my heart ache?

———

A/N fuck. I didn't write in a long time. So I'm gonna double update! Oh and that is why this chapter is so short lmao