chapter 10 - beer pong

[Bennett]

I sat in Forrest's car uncomfortably. His car smelled like smoke and cherry Bordeaux ice cream.

"You look like you're being kidnapped. Loosen up a bit."

I nodded and pulled out my vape from my pocket, and inhaled the sweet vanilla smoke, exhaling out the window.

"Uhhh want a hit?" I asked quietly.

"Sure.." I lifted up my vape to his lips. Without tearing his eyes off the road, he inhaled the vanilla flavored smoke "Mm... Tastes like you,"

I flushed a deep red color and shrank in my chair. "O-oh thanks?"

"I'm playing..." He whispered quietly, "oh and uh this is gonna be a long ride. And my house is gonna be calm for an hour or two cuz Hannah's throwing a party..."

A party? Fuck.

The drive to his house was silent, awfully silent, making my thoughts louder than they already were.

———

[Oliver]

"I think I like boys... I'm sorry, but I need to break up with you." I recited into the foggy mirror. I had a towel around my waist and water dropped down my hair, flooding the ground below my feet. "I-I might like girls too, but right now, all I know is that I don't love you. Well, I love you, but not in the way you think I do."

I let my eyes drop to my feet and I inhaled deeply, exhausted from all the confusion cluttered in my head.

I just wished that Bennett was here. He probably hated me after what I did, but it was worth a shot.

I walked out the washroom, steam entering my bedroom as I put on some clothes.

Honestly, I had the urge to do absolutely nothing. But, all I wanted to do was feel Bennett's lips on mine once again. I wanted his small, slender body underneath mine, his vanilla flavoring lips devoured by my lips, his hands roaming up and down my chest and the feeling of absolute euphoria while I touch him.

Who am I kidding? He's got a girlfriend and I do too, for now.

I fell on top of my unmade bed and closed my eyes.

Bloody shit I'm so whipped.

I heard a knock at my door and I opened it. It was Diane.

"Babe, since you don't have a fucking phone, I have to come here every-time I gotta tell you something.... UGH anyways... Hannah fucking Greene is throwing a party tonight and we HAVE to go. It will be the event of the decade."

Not really caring, I responded with a lazy "sure". Followed by a girly scream for her. Diane told me to pick her up at her house in an hour.

Leaving the room, I jumped on my bed again.

I screamed into the pillow and thought of Bennett.

I couldn't help it.

———

Hannah's house was covered in toilet paper and her lawn was littered with red and blue plastic cups. Music blared and lights flashed out of the windows.

Diane skidded towards the door and knocked excitedly.

When the door opened, it revealed a tall girl who looked like Hannah.

"OH MY GOD HANNAH!!!" Diane screamed.

"AHHHHH BITCHHH!" Hannah screamed back, both girls were in an embrace and they trotted away towards the kitchen.

I found myself entering the house with caution, avoiding the girls and dudes who were grinding up against each other.

A few girls were stripped down to nothing but their thongs while the boys took shots of vodka off of their body.

This was your stereotypical party.

In the corner of my eye, I spotted Bennett leaning against the furnace next to a tattooed boy who looked like he was in university, much older than Bennett was. He had familiar eyes which looked like Hannah's.

I turned my head towards Bennett and locked eyes with him.

Darting his eyes away quickly, I felt a pain in my chest while the tattooed boy started to stroke Bennett's arm.

They were obviously close, but how close were they?

Not only were they playfully touching each other's arms and laughing. They were physically close to each other, faces being inches away when they talked.

Jealousy overcame me like a flood. I was envious of the tattooed boy, being able to touch Bennett like that without caring about what others would say.

"Why the fuck are you staring at Hannah's brother..." I heard Diane say from behind me.

"O-oh that's Hannah's brother?"

She nodded. "And come, lets play beer pong..."

I nodded as I continued to stare at Bennett and the other boy.

When I saw them both go upstairs, I lost it.

———

A/N shit chapter lol anyways vote and comment I guess smh. WRITERS BLOCK CAN BE A PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASSSSSS