1•

Sayora

Looking at my mother drives me wild

Looking at my mother drives me wild. She no longer looks like herself. Her cat eyes sunk and her pores grew larger. The things drugs can do to a person is unbelievable.

"I want to go home." I pleaded.

"I know baby, but you're sick right now and you need time to get better." She said while sweeping away the hair feel onto my face.

I rolled my eyes and turned my body to the opposite side. She's knows damn well that day is nowhere near. I've spent 2 years here already and there's many years to come.

St. Ann Morris Children's ward. Where all the Children 10-18 go to "get better and grow" that's there slogan but it's bullshit. This place was specifically for those who made violent choices and are given a second chance due to their illness or is dangerous to be apart of everyday life but being here has made me crazier. I didn't ever know I was "crazy" before I got here.

I remember the day I came here like it was yesterday only because I do the same thing here day by day. Be awake by 9am, breakfast at 9:30am, take my 10am medications, and so on. It's tiring.

2 years ago.... flashback

"Okay! This is your new room. I know, it's small but you're allowed to decorate it anyway you would like." The assistant nurse said to me in a bubbly voice.

I had nothing to say to here so I just stared.

After a short moment of silence she spoke again.

"Alright.... well I'll just look through your suitcase and make sure you've packed appropriately"

She then proceeded to unzip my suitcase case a removed the strings from my hoodies.

"Aht Aht! Whatchu doing there ma'am?" I yelled

"Sorry it's apart of the rules here. Anything that can be used as a tool to harm yourself has to be confiscated."

I raised my eyebrows and shrugged my shoulders so she can continue to ruin my shit.

Next she was digging in my jewelry box. Which didn't have any jewelry in it. She looked at me disgusted when she opened the box and huffed.

"Now you know damn well that I'm going to have to throw this out right?" She said as she showed me the box.

"Can't you just leave one?"

"I'd loose my job if I let you keep this" she explained as she tossed my box into the trash.

Next she went to my "snacks". Bad idea.
She raised her brow at me and I had to think quick.