•13

Eliana

I slowly peaked my head out of my door way

I slowly peaked my head out of my door way. Squinting my eyes at the site as I became more curious.

I chuckled to myself the walked out of the room to follow the path these two went on.

Then I stopped when there was a crowd blocking my way.

The large crowd was filled with patients and staff.
I pushed past everyone to get to the front and when I did I seen Sayora, passed out.

My heart dropped. It was only then when I realized she had a familiar face.

Paige Preston. My childhood best friend. I loved that girl like no other.

We shared everything together food, secrets, boyfriends, and so much more.

Flashback...

Then I fell in love with someone I would never share, Stokeley, when he came into my life she slowly left. I saw Paige less often and I convinced myself that we were just growing out of each other.

We promise at a young age we will never stop being until death. We still kept our promises and continued to be friend.

It was a time where I didn't see her for weeks because I was so caught up with Stokeley.

Today I was going to see her though.

I felt bad I haven't seen her and I wanted to surprise her. I brought flowers in the color that she loved to much, her normal Starbucks order, and a letter to tell her how much she means to me.

When I came to her front door I set my items down to knock.

No one answer. Her parents were usually at work during this time so I didn't think nothing of it but the door was unlock so I let myself in.

"PAIGE!" I exclaimed in excitement and I ran to he bedroom.

When I opened the door my heart dropped.

"Paige." I said in a sadden tone.

....

It was 6pm now sirens rang loud in front of her house. While her mom cried out, her father hugged her tightly as he tried to stay strong. As for me? I was sitting on the cold curb, alone.

I wasn't crying, my face was dry, I had no emotions.

Her lifeless body was carried out the doorway on a stretcher. I weakly stood up to look at her. Paige's brown skin was pale. A frown grew on my face and a single tear dropped.

"Miss-" one of the EMT worked tapped me as she handed me a paper that had my name one it.

Eli

It read in Paige's sloppy hand writing.

...

At home, the last place I wanted to be, my twin was comforting me.

I didn't let go of the letter I received but I didn't read it either.

"Just do it." Myiana tried to convince me to open it.

I looked at her before looking back down at the way she wrote my name. Then I took a deep breath as I opened it.

So many secret I wanted to tell you,
You were busy and that's okay,
Friends until death, right?

I read the final sentence of the 3 page note.

I repeated the last page to myself.

Friends until death, right?

It was only now when I cried uncontrollably.
Flashback over...

I didn't realize my surroundings for a moment until a familiar touch grabbed me and pulled me from the crowd.

The hand felt familiar but I didn't know where I remembered it from, not yet at least.

The hand was running and still hold on to me.

When I began to see clearly I realized the hand.

Stokeley

She pulled her hand back and I stopped running

She pulled her hand back and I stopped running. We stood in front of each other and she looked into each other's eyes.

For the first time in a long time.

Her eyes were turning red and I had a feeling why.

"She looks like," she almost finished her sentence but I cut her off and pulled her close.

I knew what she was going to say. I realized the two did look similar. I thought I was the only one who seen the similarities, apparently not.

"I miss her." Eliana cried in my arms.

I stayed quiet. I didn't know the right words to say.

...

Almost an hour later Eli was in my bed sound asleep.
Memories I said to myself as I reminisced about our past.