•6

Jahseh

I took a quick look into her face and realized her eyes were red meaning she was probably crying

I took a quick look into her face and realized her eyes were red meaning she was probably crying. It's like everyone is sad today.

I tilted my head and asked, "You good?"

She nodded and began to walk away without explaining further but I stopped her and grabbed her wrist.

"You sure?" I asked worried, but not worried at the same time.

I probably shouldn't have asked her that because she started tearing up before walking away again.

I stormed back to my room with my papers in my hand. I laid each of the papers out to make sure nothing was missing and sure enough something was.

The paper that I wrote with a plan to escape wasn't there meaning those guys who snuck in my room still have it most likely. I balled my hands into a fist pissed that they would go into my room.

They really had some balls. I don't know if I was really mad at the fact that they went into my room and took my stuff or that they felt bold enough to do it in the first place.

Not saying that I loved when people were scared of me but it protected me for the most part. I wouldn't be bothered by nurses and the other patients wouldn't talk to me.

Annoyed by the whole situation, I just walked back out of my room to go to those guys. Making my way through the hospital, I made a stop once I seen a girl unconsciously lying on the floor. I had to make a quick decision on whether to help or mind my business.

After putting a quick thought I began to walk to her but stopped once I seen that the other chick I just seen made her way to her before I did so I just watched from a distance.

"Ashley, crap!" She exclaimed as she shook her repeatedly.

The girl still wasn't waking up. I could've honestly watched this shit show for a good few more minutes but I need my papers before the guys who have them reads too much.

To get to their room I would've had to walk right past them and I didn't have time to save lives.

I slowly tried to creep my way past them but that didn't work.

"Can you help me? Please?" The girl who wasn't passed out asked.

I let out a deep sigh before walking over to "help" her. The girl continued to shake Ashley. I didn't know what else to do so I pinched her neck.

To my surprise, it worked and she gained her conscience back so I walked away while listening to their conversation fade behind me.

"What happened, Sayora?" Ashley asked.

Okay cool. Now I know both of their names.

...

My walk came to a stop when I realized I was only an inch away from their door. I was just going to burst in and get my shit back but I heard them talk about the what was on those papers.

"Yoo vro, I'm not even going to lie this is a dope plan." One of them said.

"For real. Maybe we should just follow this plan and get out of here." Said the other.

I scoffed and laughed. The plan was well thought out and they only had one of the papers.

They continued to talk and I continued to listen. Until I got tired of listening so I decided to just barge in their room.

Their faces went to shock when they saw me. Unfortunately, this was something I was slowly getting used to.

"Aren't you that nigga that was crying in the bathroom earlier?" I asked the lighter boy on purpose to embarrass him.

The other guy laughed at him "Damn Isaiah you cry?" He patted his shoulders and told him to stop being emotional.

I walked closer to them and put my hand out without further context. They both looked at me as if they didn't know what I came back for.

"Give me the paper." I said in a serious tone.

Just like that, I got my paper back and walked off.

One of them called my name and the other one pulled him back. I turned my head back to him waiting for him to finish what he was saying.

"Take us with you, please."  He asked.

"No," I replied and started to walk away.

The other guy stood up and begged some more. I turned my head and they took a step back, pussies.

I smirked at the thought of their fear. I wasn't that bad of a person, or maybe I was I don't know.

"I don't even know ya'll" I said.

They turned to each other and shooked their heads.

"You're right," one of them begun. "My name is Stokeley, nice to me ya." He continued while putting his hand out towards me.

A short moment of silence came till the other spoke.

"Isaiah." he mentioned while raising his hand halfway.

"Sayora." the girl I seen in the hall moment before said while intervening in the conversation.

Stokeley, Isaiah, and I both looked at her confused, I'm guessing neither of us knew her.

The girl, Sayora leaned on the wall with her arms crossed and stared me down then left without a word.

"You know her?" Stokeley asked me.

"I never seen her."