6. U N A T T A I N A B L E {P A R T 2}

C H A C E'S   P

C H A C E'S   P.O.V

I made no promises.

I owed no shit to anyone. 

Taking her home wasn't my plan. The plan was to mind my business, get a bimbo whose name I won't bother to remember-laid and leave the next morning after they are done narrating tell-tales of their so-called "shitty Lives."

But this one, the blonde who stood in my bedroom, wearing nothing but a sexy red lace bra with matching underwear, my stomach tightened as I took in the sight of her.

Veritable curves accentuating her sensual long legs, that wasn't what caught my attention when our eyes met.  Although this is a small percentage.

The memory of her elegantly moving with the rhythm of the music, her laugh causing a stir, I watched her sexiness fill the room when Dylan fucking Carson had the nerve to lay a finger on her, so as to even look at her.

She isn't obliged to know about how I beat the shit out of him and blackmailed the living crap out of Carson's family, moving their sorry asses to Arcadia. 

I don't think I have experienced this feeling of wanting to be around someone so badly, I have this uncontrollable urge to know more about her.

I didn't understand why I gave two shits of taking that U-turn and park my car in Cherry's parking lot, the map leading me to Hurricane's bedroom. I can't believe I'm doing this. It was the only way out to cure this insane, uninvited feeling of longingness, I know this isn't going to be a short-lived fantasy.

IVY'S   P.O.V

You have got to be kidding me. Chace is not only in my bedroom, rather he is on my bed, lying on his side supporting his head on his hand. It wouldn't be a shocker if he greeted me wearing Diesel underwear. This is getting out of hand.

"Get the hell out of here."

I twist the doorknob and swing the door open, pointing outside. "Now."

What gives him the impression he can come in whenever he likes? Just because he is a friend of Jaden's, that concept doesn't necessarily apply to me. Chace pretends to be flabbergasted as he places a hand on his chest, acting as if someone shot him.

"Harsh. That isn't a nice way to treat your new roommate," his lips curl into a vexatious grin, adding, "didn't Jaden tell you?"

I furrow my eyebrows with confusion. "What are you talking about?"

He clicks his tongue like he knows something is up. "Shit. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to tell you this, but she decided to move out. Jade didn't want me telling you, I'm terrible at keeping secrets since lying isn't my best friend...Thought you should know."

"Sh-she did?" I don't know how am I supposed to respond to this. Forget about responding, I can't reach. Is that why I've been hesitant to give her a call? Is this why she wasn't there at the party last night?

Chace's blue eyes sparkle with humor as slow laughter fills the room. "I can't believe you bought it. Jaden had to attend some family-related issues. She asked me to take her place and entertain you for a while until everything is sorted."

I grab his arm and yank him outside. "Stay away from me." I snap, closing the door. Chace blocks it by blocking the distance with his foot.
"The food here sucks, I want to take you to dinner."

I roll my eyes at his blunt confession. "I'm not interested and I have the education to take care of, unlike you." I attempt to close the door but he blocks it again, pushing himself inside.

"You are going to die if you eat here, trust me. It really sucks."

"Then I'd rather die than be seen with or trust you. If you'll excuse me, I have work to do. And
Please, make yourself comfortable." I sneakily remark before walking to my desk, pulling out a chair and sitting on it.

Chace spins me around, his blue eyes becoming icy. "Ten bucks says you won't be able to finish your homework within the whole of this week."
He condescendingly breathes down my ear, leaning forward. "Can't my name out of that beautiful head of yours." He ends the sentence by taking a strand of my hair and twirls it around his finger. "Am I right .... or am I right, darling?"

My cheeks burn, my heartbeat starting to increase as every minute passes by, forcing me to succumb to his magnetizing touch. This is where the line cannot be crossed.

You might be right about that," I get up, walking towards where he is standing. Once we are close enough, I begin drawing invisible circular patterns on his leather jacket.

"Ever since you came to my rescue, I haven't been able to stop myself from thinking about how much my heart really does crave for you after all."

What in the devil's name is actually wrong with me? What the shit am I saying? Crave for you? Really ?!

I mentally hi-five myself as Chace struggles to maintain his gaze with mine, struggling not to look down in defeat. I run my hands through his hair, my veins pulsating with delirium. Strike one. Chace zero. I pull him closer towards me, using my other hand to feel his abs. I think I'm winning.

"What if I told you.... that I was stupid enough to not want you?"

Chace's eyes dilate at my "revelation", opening his mouth to say something. I can discern my lips curling with triumph but at the same time, for how long should I continue to keep this game going?

"D-Do you really ...?" Did I hear a stutter or is it just my imagination? Before I know it he seizes my hands placing it above my head against the wall,  his full lips expeditiously crashing into mine without any warning.