14. B E F O R E I M E T H E R

Hey guys !! Here's an early update and I apologize if this chapter might trigger any of you as this is a little heartbreaking to read and for me to write

Hey guys !! Here's an early update and I apologize if this chapter might trigger any of you as this is a little heartbreaking to read and for me to write. But remember , you all are worth so much more, never let anybody or anyone bring you down ❤️

 But remember , you all are worth so much more, never let anybody or anyone bring you down ❤️

C H A C E'S P. O .V

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I ask, refusing to put down my weapon at the woman who made most of my childhood a living nightmare. The entire air has been sucked out of my lungs and I can't breathe.

Her expression is that of hurt with a tinge of guilt. She has absolutely no fucking right to give me that innocent doe eyed stare.

"Acey," she softly whispers, her blue eyes turning watery. Hell no.

"Please. We can talk about this and I promise I will never return. I ju"-

"I want you to leave right now," my index finger rests on the trigger. "Go before I blow your brains out."

"Acey pl"-

"I said... I want you out. And don't you ever call me that. Now leave before I create a scene."

Tears stream down her face, turning to walk slowly, expecting I will call after her and change my mind. I slam the door shut causing the shutters of my balcony to shake.

I storm towards the bathroom sink, bowing my head down as I stick my fingers down my throat and spew out my breakfast.

My breathing goes rigid, my throat hurting, as I continue to throw up.

My fingers fondle with the faucet and I raise my chin up at the person inside. I can't recognize him but I could've sworn I have seen him before.

He is young, much too young to have dark circles underneath his eyelids, sunken cheeks and a body that is covered in bruises, which he might have received from another session of beating.

Suddenly the image changes to that of a four year old boy with soft, baby fine hair falling over his big blue eyes and a contagious laugh erupting from his chubby lips. I again bend forward and hurl the remaining of the food I had consumed earlier, turning the faucet again to clear the contents in the sink.