12. A R G U M E N T S & P I L L O W T A L K S

( A big thank you to   justablip for the lovely Character Banners ❤️ They look fantastic as always ❤️)

( A big thank you to justablip for the lovely Character Banners ❤️ They look fantastic as always ❤️)

I V Y 's P.O.V

"Stop the bike," I affirm through my helmet. "I said stop the bike, Chace!"

I shout, my voice competing with the roar of the engine. Applying both brakes simultaneously with a firm smooth press on the rear, Chace moves the kickstand back bringing his motorcycle to a halt.

"Where do you think you are going?"

He asks, holding my arm to steady me as I climb off the back of his bike. I wrench my arm away from his grasp continuing to walk towards the seaside, the back of my eyes burning. When I brood, I brood alone and its best if I don't depend on anyone to lick my wounds for me.

Back home, whenever I was upset or angry, I would leave my house without any explanation, and just take the subway and go to someplace to purposely get lost, as that helped to clear the filth occupied in my head.

I had gotten used to the idea of not telling anyone a damn thing about all that bothered me, nor the amount of pain I used to carry internally and how it continued to give me nauseating sensations I used to have in my gut.
I never even complained to my mother of a headache. I always had this preconceived notion that, if you share your problems with someone, it only makes things worse since your problems end up becoming theirs. I believed that by not sharing them, it is what made me stronger.

I want to tell him everything. I want to tell Chace everything. But I don't want him feeling sympathetic towards me. In a way I am pretty thankful that he brought me here.

"I don't fucking get it," he bellows, marching and coming to stand in front of me blocking my way. "What did I do to you, huh?"

His voice rises, aquamarine eyes becoming steely, nostrils flaring , the anger burning right through my skin. "What kind of bullshit did I do to you?" He repeats, clenching his fists at the side I can almost hear his knuckles crack.

"Why can't you  leave me alone?!" I yell. "Was it really necessary for you to bring me here when I could've just brought myself?!"

"Oh, so that I can come in flying in a red underwear with a cape tied around my neck, and save you from getting marked as bloody property, by another shitheaded fuck ? For the record, goofing around and throwing a couple of punches here and there does not make you invincible, Ivy." Chace runs a hand through his face in complete frustration, trying his best not to erupt and say something more.

"I didn't need your help in the first place! At least I knew how to defend myself rather than playing stupid  Daphne Blake in distress. I was educated enough... to know what to do in a situation like that and I handled my self just fine."

"You know what's funny? Being a pretentious motherfucker isn't my best asset because now I feel like a complete idiot where I thought I had the capacity to do something nice for a change. And never in my life did I have to figure, apologize or bow down to things that are not my fault."

"Did I say it's your fault?"

"Why did you avoid me? Is it because of what I said last night?"

Chace asks, the gruffness in his voice now being replaced with imperceptible affection, the ocean waves crawling mildly towards us .
"I don't want you tell me anything about what is it that scared you." He takes my hand, placing it in his. I glower into his stunning face, my heart compresses. His blue eyes are hurt...dejected.

Hot, wet tears scald my cheeks as he draws me into his arms. "Talk to me...It wont hurt to try," Chace says, cupping my face, gazing into my eyes. "Please... Let me."

                                    ****

C H A C E 'S   P.O.V

A few weeks back, I was in Jaden's room with a different girl whose name is not worth remembering. The first time Ivy walked in without knocking, she took me by storm, shaking me in ways I couldn't imagine.
My goal was to smash her. I had the perfect strategy to get her body talking to mine.

I don't know how to react after what Hurricane told me. Things that she had never revealed to anyone, not even to her own mother with whom she is super close to. When she spoke, she spoke with full meaning like her heart was about to break, shattering into millions of pieces.

She told me about how a baby sitter had physically assaulted her when she was a four year old, for wetting the bed.

She told me about one private tutor who grabbed her by the neck when they were alone and threatened to lock her in the "Garbage room" if she got one more answer wrong and if she told anyone, she would be killed.

She told me about how her father left without saying a word when her mother was hospitalized, after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

"I remember my first counseling session," Hurricane continues, resting her chin on her knees. "He didn't even allow me to speak without asking me to introduce myself.  He just straight up asked me if I no longer had the drive to live and he ended it, saying "if you want to jump, simply take that giant leap of faith and jump. Nobody will be there to stop you since it is your choice. The reason you stupid kids have impure thoughts such as these is because none of you are grateful."

My own eyes become misty and I close them, not believing such people like that exist in today's world. I can't believe this is what society has come to look like today, where worshipping ignorance and hate is being encouraged. I can't believe Hurricane stored so much pain in herself.

"People pretend they are there for you. When someone tells me " I know exactly what you are going through," no they don't understand because they simply don't. When you give in and you end up telling them exactly how you feel, they laugh it off calling it a "phase" because the concept of "Moving on" is so easy." She says, staring at the moon, the brightness illuminating her tear soaked skin. Her cheeks are puffy and there's so much sadness hidden in those captivating eyes, I don't think I deserve to be here sitting next to her.

I can't describe the amount of disgust I'm beginning to feel with myself right now, I'm not worthy enough to even be a friend. "I didn't mean any of those things," I start,  shifting my focus at the sea,  inhaling the salinity of it.

"I didn't mean any of them either," She turns to look at me, voice dry and husky. "There's a reason why I don't normally do this, but deep down, there's a little girl inside me that has the tendency of being a stubborn little bitch." Hurricane smiles and snickers, breaking into laughter, much to my satisfaction.

"Thank you," she says struggling not to blush. I smile, finding it insanely adorable, reaching for her hand as our fingers intertwine and clasping it tight.

"Rule number infinite, never patronize a Lambert." She laughs again, dimples appearing on both her cheeks, I feel the ground ripple under me, making my heart flutter. "Would it be appropriate if I gave you a compliment right now?"

"It depends on what the compliment is."

"On second thought, never mind the bollocks." I don't want her to know how much I want to grab her beautiful face and kiss her.

Holding her hand, we pretend to watch the moonlight dancing amidst the splashing of the waves, when in reality we are exchanging squizzes of appreciation with each other, either of us not looking waiting to contrive our next move.