29. B E L I E V E M E W H E N I S A Y I T

IVY'S    P

IVY'S    P.O.V

"Adrien?"

He stood in front of my doorstep, hair ruffled on the side accompanied with a stubble, hands shoved in the pockets of his denim's. Adrien's lips curve into a warm smile.

"Surprising huh?"

"How did you know where I stay?"

Adrien scratches his hair shyly, shooting me an apologetic grin. "I uh... long story short- I have my connections working for the CIA.... But I promise that was it."

"You-What? You practically did an investigative report on me? Do you do the same with the people working under you?"

I didn't care if he is my boss, I wasn't in the state of mind to hide my irritation. I didn't give him the opportunity to explain as I knew what his answer was going to be.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?"

Is he for real? 

"You show up without a warning, you assume the worst in me without knowing me personally and you expect me to welcome you with a red carpet treatment, inviting you in?"

"Are you done? Or is there something more I need to know of how much of a pathetic asshole I was to you?" He raised his eyebrows leaning against the doorframe.

I wasn't sure why I thought of it, his attitude reminded me a lot about Chace. The Adrien I saw was totally different than the Adrien in a working environment, where people loved to hate him.

I placed my hands on my hips and paced back and forth, I didn't have to contemplate much. I could still slam the door against his face.

"How can I help you, Sir?" 

I sarcastically remarked. He didn't say anything, other than staring at me with a look I couldn't quite decipher. His brown eyes weren't cold, neither were they calculating. They were instead replaced with a sense of guilt, it made me feel as if I had the upper hand.

"I made reservations and this is my way of saying how fucking sorry I am for the way I treated you." Adrien breathed in deeply. "Which is why we need to talk."

I shook my head with disbelief.

"I understand if you don't want to come, but I really want to make it up to you."

"Which means I'm not allowed to have my opinion."

He raked a hand through his dark brown hair, my heart skipped a beat. I could not control my mind, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about Chace. Every mannerism Adrien had, is similar to the boy who pushed me and walked away.

My eyes stung, I swallowed to push back the memories which still continued to make my stomach sink whenever I thought about him.

"On a scale from one to posh, how posh are we talking?"