Air

When Stiles walked into his room, Scott was already there.

"Hey, dude, I see you've been doing research," Scott smiled at him and gestured towards his computer which was left open to a website on druid magic.

"Uh, yeah, sort of," Stiles closed the laptop with a stiff smile.

"Whoa, why do you smell like Derek?" Scott frowned then, scrunching his nose.

"I swung by, I had a question about Deucalion," Stiles lied.

Thankfully Scott wasn't listening close enough to notice the lie.

"Get anything good out of him?" Scott asked, seeming satisfied with that answer.

"He doesn't know any more than we do," Stiles shook his head.

"So what were you looking into druid magic for?" Scott gestured to the now closed laptop.

Stiles bit his lip anxiously. He needed to tell him. Scott was his best friend he'd understand.

"I uh, why don't I show you," Stiles suggested.

"Okay, show me what?" Scott asked curiously, he leaned forward in the computer chair.

Stiles swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He could do this. It was no different then telling Scott he was bi. He'd taken it well. This was sort of like that.

"Dude, you alright?" Scott frowned as the scent of Stiles' anxiety hit him strong.

Stiles nodded and gave a snap of his fingers. Instantly the bedroom light went out. The evening glow shadowed the room, so with another snap of his fingers the candles Stiles had been practicing on lit.

Scott's mouth dropped open.

"Stiles, how'd you do that?" Scott looked over to the candle closest to him on the desk.

"I'm a druid," he held his breath as he waited for Scott's reaction.

"That's incredible, man," Scott smiled up at him.

"Really?" Stiles huffed a sigh of relief.

"How long have you known?"

"Uh, only like a week. Deaton said I ignited it when I used mountain ash. I've been practicing a bit," Stiles avoided mentioning the mark. He wasn't ready for people to know about that yet.

"A week? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Scott frowned. He looked almost disappointed.

"I wasn't sure how you'd react," Stiles shrugged.

"Dude, I think it's great."

Stiles gave a forced smile. He felt bad not telling Scott about the mark, but he wasn't ready to accept that as his fate yet and he definitely wasn't ready for the fight it would inevitably cause between them.

"So what all can you do?" Scott asked eagerly, not catching on to Stiles' guilt, thankfully.

"Well there's a few different types of magic. I'm trying them all out a bit just to see what works for me." Stiles opened his computer and pulled up the notes he'd been keeping.

It felt good to tell Scott. He hated keeping it from his best friend. Scott listened eagerly as Stiles ran through his notes and demonstrated his abilities.

"So you can make me feel things?" Scott frowned.

"Yeah, here I'll show you," Stiles held his hands out for Scott to take.

He had done this so much over the past few days, he found it easier and easier to do. He closed his eyes and concentrated.

Nothing happened.