Pack

Stiles' eyes met the frown on his best friend's face.

"Scott I know you don't like this but-"

"It's not about liking this Stiles, it's about trusting them," Scott jabbed a finger towards Derek and his pack.

"And what reason have you given them to trust you?" Stiles snapped in response.

"Why are you siding with them? They're just using you."

"Maybe they are, but does it really matter? They need me. Deucalion is coming tonight for either you or Derek and I'm not going to let him have either one of you. I'm not siding with anyone."

"He's gonna come for Derek after what you did to his pack."

"He could come for you too, you're my best friend."

"Yeah well, he's your alpha, apparently," Scott gestured to Derek.

"He could be yours too," Boyd piped in gently.

Scott frowned, "He's made it clear how he feels about me."

"And how is that exactly?" Stiles asked, looking between Scott and Derek.

"He doesn't trust me."

"Can you blame him? You tricked him. You could have told him, or me what you were doing but you didn't."

"I'm sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing," Scott huffed, running a hand through his hair. "I am new to this. I don't know what to do about it."

"Let Derek help you," Stiles was practically begging.

Scott's eyes darted to Derek who had remained silent. "How do I know I can trust him?"

"Cause I do," Stiles stepped forward. "Do you trust me?" he put a hand on his best friends shoulder.

"Yeah, of course, Stiles," Scott nodded.

"Derek?" Stiles looked at the alpha hopefully.

"I don't make any decisions without consulting my pack," Derek turned to look at Boyd, Erica, and Isaac.

"I say we need to stick together," Boyd agreed.

"I'm with Boyd," Isaac nodded.

Everyone turned to Erica then. "Oh fine, but I've got my eye on you."

Derek nodded turning to Scott, "I'm giving you another chance, but only because I trust Stiles. Don't make me regret it."

Scott nodded, his head dropping slightly as if in shame.

"Good, now can we please figure out what we're gonna do when Deucalion gets here?" Stiles let out a sigh of relief. He really didn't want to have to live without Scott in his life.

"He's gonna be pissed because of what you did," Scott said, his eyes meeting Stiles'.

"Or impressed," Erica hummed thoughtfully.

"They likely didn't know you were an emissary, so you pose a threat they didn't know about," Isaac added. "We could use that to our advantage.

"How so?" Stiles frowned at the betas.

"They don't know what all you're capable of. You're not being trained by a druid. You're being trained by a witch. They won't know what they're up against. That magic you were using against Erica and I...that's not traditional. If you can use a few more spells. We might actually have a chance at beating him."

"It's a pack of alpha's, my magic not that strong."

"We don't even know how many there are," Scott added.

"There's at least three," Boyd piped in then. "The two from today and then the one from the woods, Kali."

"If I put on more salve, those wounds should be healed in time, hopefully," Stiles gestured at Boyd. "That's one for each of you and then that leaves Deucalion for us three."

"Deucalion will be more powerful than the others. And there may be more of them." Derek finally spoke up. He looked concerned. He didn't want to lose anyone, especially now that he had a true pack. With Scott and Stiles added, he already felt more powerful. He forgot how much having a pack could do.

"I can learn a few more spells. I know I don't have much time, but if we can at least put up a decent fight...maybe he'll..."Stiles trailed off. Hoping the bad guy would back down wasn't really an option. "If we cut off the head, the body flounders. We just need to get Deucalion."

"Cut off the head and two more grow back," Scott pointed out.

"This isn't a hydra, it's a pack," Derek nodded, "Stiles might be on to something."

"You're only as powerful as your pack members. If we take out the most powerful one, the others will be easier to take down."

"Okay, so what we just walk up to Deucalion and kill him? I don't think it's gonna work like that."

"No, but if you three can keep the others occupied, then that gives Derek, Scott and I a chance to get to him."

"That's still assuming there's not any other members," Isaac spoke up again.

"We can only work with what we know," Boyd looked thoughtful.

"But we have to be prepared for what we don't," Stiles shook his head.

"Can we find out how many of his pack there are?" Scott asked then.

"Erica and I can check the records," Isaac offered.

"I'll call Deaton, see if he has anything that might help," Scott pulled out his phone to call his boss.

"I'll put more of that salve on Boyd," Stiles gestured for the beta to follow him.

Derek felt a swell of pride at the way his pack was working together, even Scott, though he worried that he had only agreed to keep an eyes on Stiles. Either way he'd take it.

The pride unfortunately didn't last long as the dread from what was coming washed over him. He didn't want to lose any of his pack. Isaac, his first beta. Erica, his most ferocious. Boyd, most loyal. Scott, the most determined. And Stiles, his most trusted and perhaps strongest. He had managed to get Scott to see reason when he was sure he wouldn't. He had scared off two Alpha's just to try and prove a point to Deucalion. Stiles, once he really learned his true potential, would be a force to be reckoned with. He couldn't bare the thought that one of them might not make it through. He would do anything he could to make sure they all survived. Even at his own peril.