I love you

Two days. It had been two days since Stiles had seen Derek. Sure, he'd heard from him via text, as Derek had been concerned that the effects of the blood magic hadn't completely disappeared, but it was strictly business. Could it be called business? Was a werewolf pack really a business? Stiles decided it was and he was taking some time off. However, as he stared at his phone, he realized that maybe he didn't get a say.

"Mandatory pack meeting in one hour," Was all it said.

Stiles was afraid it had something to do with the alpha twins, so he pulled himself from his bed and made his way to the shower.

His magic was back in full swing and with Bonnie's help he learned how to keep himself strong by drawing from earth's sources. Certain herbs mixed with dirt from the nemeton made for a disgusting but strong tea. He promised her he wouldn't use blood magic again and he intended to keep that promise. Instead she had given him more defensive magic spells he could do. Deaton also helped by teaching him how to mix certain herbs to manipulate his magic. All in all, the past two days had been very educational. It had helped keep his mind off Derek.

Thankfully no one mentioned anything to Stiles about Derek which helped as well. Now though, he was going to be forced to see the alpha. How was he supposed to be in a room with him knowing that Derek loved him but refused to be with him?

Stiles wanted to be mad, and he was, on some level. But he also understood. Derek was afraid to lose Stiles. Not being with him wouldn't make him any safer but there seemed to be no telling Derek that.

He would do his best to mask his scent and try to keep it strictly professional during the meeting. Then he would come back home and drown himself in studying again.

What he didn't expect to find when he got there, however, was an empty loft.

"Hello?" Stiles called out as he closed the door behind him. Derek would have told him if the pack meeting was being held elsewhere, wouldn't he?

"Stiles," Derek's voice sounded almost surprised, like he hadn't expected him to show up. He supposed that made sense as Stiles didn't actually respond to the text.

"Where is everyone?" Stiles asked, summoning his magic to mask any feelings that might surface.

"Don't do that," Derek stepped forward, a frown pulling on his features.

"Do what?" Stiles took a half step back.

"You're using your magic to hide. Don't."

Stiles swallowed but didn't say anything. He mentally debated on letting his defenses drop or keeping them in place.

Derek's pleading stare won him over and he let his magic fall away.

Derek closed his, letting out a sigh, like it was a relief to feel Stiles letting go.

"Where is everyone?" Stiles repeated.

"They're not coming," Derek's eyes met Stiles' again.

"You tricked me," Stiles threw his hands up.

"I knew you wouldn't see me otherwise."

"What am I doing here, Derek?" Stiles huffed, giving Derek an annoyed glare.

"We need to talk."

"We did that. It didn't go well."

"I was wrong," Derek blurted.

This gave Stiles pause. "I'm sorry, what?"

Derek took a step forward, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides. "I was wrong. About us."

Stiles frowned but waited for Derek to continue.

"The age was an issue for me because of Kate, yes. But...I know it's different. There's no manipulation and..." Derek's eyes dropped to Stiles neck. He gently reached out and pulled the collar down to see the mark. "This mark isn't just an accident. It's more than just an emissary and an alpha. It's..."

"Fate." Stiles finished for him.

Derek's finger traced the blackened skin gently, causing Stiles' breath to hitch.

"I love you, Stiles," Derek breathed out in almost a whisper; his hand falling away from the mark.

A wave of dizziness washed over Stiles at the confession. Hearing Derek say it was so different than him just admitting it.

"But," Stiles waited for Derek to keep going.

"There is no but. I just...love you," Derek's eyes were sad, like he was too late, and he knew it.

"I love you too," Stiles wanted to reach out, but he was too afraid. This was a big step for Derek and if he pushed too far it could scare the alpha away.

However, Derek swooped in then, catching Stiles' lips on his. It was a soft kiss and Derek didn't dare touch Stiles anywhere else.

"Is this something that you want?" Derek asked against Stiles' lips.

Stiles only nodded.

"Then we take it slow. Can we agree on that?" Derek pulled back; his hand gently reaching up to brush his thumb along Stiles' cheek.

Stiles wasn't sure if he knew how to form sentences anymore, so he only nodded again.

Derek closed his eyes and leaned his forehead against Stiles'.

This was completely the opposite of what Derek had said two days ago. Finally finding his voice, Stiles asked, "What changed your mind?"

"Two days without you," Derek responded. "And two days of listening to the pack berate me for being stupid." He laughed.

Stiles chuckled, taking Derek's hands in his.

"For once, I decided to be selfish. I know this could get dangerous, but you're already in it. And I'd rather have you by my side."

Stiles couldn't help but reach up and press another soft kiss to Derek's lips. Knowing he could do that elated him. "Thank you." He spoke into the kiss.

Derek only hummed in response, his lips melding with Stiles'.

Suddenly the alpha pulled back. "One other thing."

Stiles held his breath waiting for the catch. He knew this was too good to be true.

"No more blood magic. I don't even want you researching it. Understood?" Derek's tone was pleading despite his authoritative phrasing.

"Don't worry, Bonnie already reamed me for that one," Stiles smiled with relief.

"Good, then I should probably text the pack and let them know they can come back home."

"Did you really kick them out?" Stiles laughed.

"I didn't want them listening in," Derek pecked Stiles lips before pulling out his phone.

Stiles watched with admiring eyes as he dialed Boyd's number. It would be weird dating Derek, but it felt right. He reached up and touched the spot where the triskelion marked his skin. Fate had a funny way of playing out.

*AN*
Alright guys, that's it. I know it's shit. I am the absolute worst at endings. Literally, they are my least favorite thing ever. Anyway, thank you all for reading and commenting and voting. I means so much to me! 
I have posted the first chapter of my new Sterek story 'I would fake forever with you' if you want to check it out. It's a super tropey fake dating au. Hope to see you over there. Love you guys!!❤❤❤