Herbal remedy

Allison threw her arms around Scott, "I was so worried about you. My dad found out about the alpha pack and then you weren't answering your phone."

"I'm sorry, I was with Derek," Scott turned to the alpha who was lying Stiles on Deaton's desk.

"I have a-a-a list," Derek's hands shook as he pulled up the text from Bonnie. "I need, echinacea, and-and-and yarrow root and-"

Deaton took the phone from Derek's hand, "I'll get what you need, just breathe."

"I can't...I can't lose him," Derek's voice broke as he looked down at Stiles worriedly.

"You have to tell him," Scott spoke up then causing Derek to tense.

"Tell who what?" Deaton looked at Derek in question as he went to his ingredient cabinet.

"No," Derek growled.

"You're fated for a reason," Scott pointed out. He knew this was going to be a sensitive subject.

"I said no," Derek growled again, though he didn't look at Scott. It was like he was embarrassed.

"Derek-"

"Since when are you on my side anyway?" Derek snapped. He had fully expected Scott to tell him to back off.

"I just didn't trust you, but Stiles does and you're my alpha now, so I do too."

"What?" Allison gaped at Scott, but he ignored her. He knew she wasn't the biggest fan of Derek, but he would deal with that later.

"You love him. We all heard you and I can smell it on you. Even now," Scott gestured to Derek.

"It's inappropriate," Derek growled out, his hands clenched in fists at his side.

"Why because he's your emissary?" Scott frowned.

Derek's jaw clenched. "No."

"Then what? Age?" Scott snorted at the idea.

Derek's posture tensed further signaling that Scott had guess correctly.

"Dude, you're only a couple years older than him, who cares?" Scott waved a hand. "Trust me, he'll want to know."

Before Derek could argue, Stiles rolled over and heaved, but nothing came up.

Derek reached for the druid as he sat up.

"Where are we?" Stiles blinked as he tried to decipher his surroundings.

"Deaton's," Derek answered, his hand hooked around Stiles elbow.

"Here, drink this," Deaton handed Stiles a cup of herbal tea.

"Wait," Derek grabbed Stiles' wrist before he could bring it to his lips. "Is it safe?" Derek hadn't wanted to go in with blind faith about the herbal remedy.

"Completely," Deaton assured him.

Stiles sipped at the bitter liquid with minimal complaint.

"What am I doing here?" Stiles looked to Scott then to Allison. "You found me, in the woods." He nodded, remembering the huntress.

"You ran off," Derek spoke between clenched teeth trying not to upset Stiles.

"You were making me mad," Stiles shrugged. "This makes my mouth tingle, is it supposed to do that?"

"Yes, that's normal," Deaton nodded.

"Are you sure it's making me feel really...weird," Stiles smacked his tongue around his mouth as if it were going numb.

"The tea will help subdue your magic temporarily, it's an old recipe," Deaton took the now empty cup from a dizzy Stiles.

"What happens after his magic is subdued?" Scott asked before Derek could.

"He'll be Stiles again, without the effects of the blood magic altering his mind. We can convince him to stop doing magic and he needs to draw from something or someone to help cleanse what he has done. He's not too far gone thankfully."

"How do you know?"

"The herbal remedy wouldn't have worked."

Derek deflated with relief.

"What should he draw from?" the alpha asked as Stiles slumped against him in a drowsy state. Derek's arm wrapped around the human protectively.

"He could draw from several things. I place of immense power, such as the nemeton or something he's close to, say, his alpha," Deaton gave Derek a pointed look.

"Okay, I'll do whatever he needs," Derek didn't care about anything but Stiles' health at that point.

"It can be a rather...intimate thing...it requires complete trust and being completely open with all emotions," Deaton waited for Derek to back out and change his mind.

Instead the alpha only nodded, his shoulders filled with tension.

"He'll likely feel it all," Deaton spoke vaguely, hoping Derek would understand.

"I'll deal with that when we get to it," Derek wasn't going to let his feelings compromise Stiles' chance at being okay again.

"I'll start preparing, you'll have to get him to agree, as it has to be mutual in order to work."

Derek ran a hand absentmindedly over Stiles' hair. The druid was still slumped against his chest, in a not quite awake state.

"How are we supposed to get him to agree to anything like that?" Scott gestured to his best friend.

"The effects will wear off in a moment and he'll be coherent after that we have maybe fifteen or twenty minutes before his magic resurfaces."

Derek swallowed and pulled back slightly to get a better look at Stiles' face.

"S'matter?" Stiles mumbled, bleary eyed.

"We're gonna do something to help you, okay?" Derek wiped at a streak of dirt that had found its way to Stiles' cheek at some point.

"Do what something?" Stiles straightened up though he remained a bit woozy.

"It's to help strengthen you, you're gonna draw from me, okay?" Derek's hand was still around Stiles shoulder.

"Wait, what?" Stiles was coming around more now.

"You need to cleanse your magic, the blood magic you used tainted you in a bad way, you have to draw from me," Derek explained, hoping that Stiles wouldn't react negatively.

"Oh," Stiles' dropped his head in shame.

"Hey, look at me. You're gonna be okay. Just do as Deaton says," Derek lifted Stiles chin so he could look into the druids eyes.

"Is it gonna hurt you?" Stiles asked, glancing at Deaton who had just walked back in.

"It will take a lot out of him, but he'll be fine and it won't hurt him," Deaton assured the pair with a gentle smile.

Stiles nodded, "Okay."

Derek took a deep breath; he could do this. It was for Stiles. He would do anything for Stiles. 

*AN*
Sorry it's been a minute. I promise to update sooner!