Kali

Stiles could see the stress on Boyd's face. He was worried. The way his hands gripped his phone in his lap in case Derek called back. Stiles took a deep breath and concentrated on projecting his magic. He kept his eyes open, as he was driving, but he noticed Boyd relax some next to him. His shoulders slumping slightly and his hands loosening their grip. It was working. He was doing it.

Boyd frowned, as if realizing suddenly. "Are you doing that?" he asked looking at Stiles.

"Keeping calm helps you focus, one of us has to be able to make rational decisions," Stiles gave a small smile. He suddenly felt guilty. Should he have asked first? Was this a consent thing?

"It's nice actually," Boyd nodded. "Neat trick."

Stiles swallowed, "Sorry, I should have asked first."

"No, it's fine. Really."

Before Stiles could respond someone stepped onto the trail causing Stiles to slam on breaks. His jeep wasn't going to stop in time. He swerved the wheel, throwing his jeep up onto an old rotting stump.

"Son of a bitch," Stiles swore as he placed a hand over the cut that now sat on his forehead.

"Are you alright?" Boyd asked as he undid the seatbelts.

"Who the hell was that?" Stiles asked as he climbed out of the wrecked vehicle.

"They're gone," Boyd said, looking around as he climbed out of his side.

"That wasn't on accident," Stiles' heart started to race. He was sure Boyd could hear it.

"No, it wasn't. They wanted us to wreck," Boyd nodded in agreement, his eyes still trying to find someone in the now darkening woods. The sun was almost completely set.

"You should call Derek, let him know we're stranded."

"Should we stay here?"

"Hell if I know," Stiles shrugged. He glanced around again, still not seeing anyone.

"What other neat tricks can you do?" Boyd asked, glancing at Stiles.

"Not much, don't get your hopes up," Stiles shook his head.

"Okay, stay close, we should probably get out of here. If we stay, they could surround us." Boyd decided. He clearly wasn't comfortable making that kind of decision, but they were limited, and Derek wasn't there. He fished his phone from his pocket and sent Derek a text.

"You two really shouldn't be out here alone," A voice spoke up then causing Stiles and Boyd to freeze in place. A figure emerged from the woods. It was a woman, her eyes bright red. She smiled maliciously.

"Who are you?" Boyd demanded though it was obvious she was from Deucalion's pack.

"Kali. I'm here to deliver a message," She stepped closer and Stiles felt his blood run cold.

"For who?" Boyd asked again, he stepped forward slightly, placing himself in between Kali and Stiles.

"Derek and Scott," She smiled. Her teeth gleaming in the now risen moonlight.

"What's the message?" Stiles dared ask. He was sure he didn't want to know.

"Your death."

Suddenly she was lunging at them. Stiles jumped back as Boyd shifted, meeting her half way. It was a failed attack on his part as she sunk her claws in and threw Boyd aside.

Panic washed over Stiles before he gave a quick snap of his fingers, pulling a branch down on top of the alpha. She snarled as it pinned her briefly.