Deucalion

Derek held his breath as he breached the clearing at the edge of the reserve. He decided if Deucalion was going to attack, then he wanted it to be as far from innocent civilians as possible. He knew the pack of alpha's would find them.

"Derek Hale," A deep smooth voice stepped out of the shadows in the shape of a man in dark glasses holding a cane.

"Deucalion," Derek growled.

"Now that introductions are out of the way, can kill them yet?" Aiden, the previous twin Stiles had attacked, spat.

"Introductions are not yet through," Deucalion held up a hand. "We know them but if they are to join us, then we should give them a chance."

"Nobody's joining you," Stiles snapped, stepping forward.

Derek put an arm out to keep him from progressing forward.

"You must be Stiles. The magical one," Deucalion gave a half bow. "I've been looking forward to meeting you."

Derek growled possessively.

"He's the one who poisoned me," Aiden snarled but didn't move any closer.

"It was a nasty job you did. Impressive."

"What do you want?" Erica snapped, her patience wearing thin.

"Not you," Deucalion answered simply. He took a tentative step forward, stopping only a few feet from Scott.

Derek grabbed Stiles' arm to keep him from making a move.

Deucalion sniffed at the air between him and Scott. You have so much potential. New and...well, until recently, alone. It's a shame that you've sided with this pack. You could have been so much more," He shook his head in disappointment.

"You can't have him," Stiles snapped, straining against Derek's grasp.

"I don't want him. Not anymore. I want Derek," Deucalion smiled turning to the alpha.

"Why?" Isaac piped in then, though they knew the answer.

"His power has grown just in the last several days. He's gained a new beta and a rather strong emissary. I want him to join me."

Derek remained unmoving.

"Come with us, and I won't kill everyone here," Deucalion made it sound like an offer rather than a threat.

"It's that simple?" Derek could spare everyone in his pack simply by going with Deucalion?

"I promise to let your betas go," Deucalion placed a hand on his heart as if making a promise.

"Just like that?"

"Derek, no," Stiles turned to the alpha with a horrified look. He couldn't seriously be considering it.

"If this is what it takes to keep you alive, I'll do it," Derek's jaw clenched as he spoke. He knew Stiles wouldn't like it but it was better than losing everyone.

"Oh, no, he'll be coming with us," Deucalion piped in.

Derek snapped his head towards the other alpha. "You said-"

"I said I'd let your betas go. Stiles will be coming with us," Deucalion cut in. His tone still oddly calm.

The betas growled at the threat.

"Why do you want him?" Scott asked then. He wasn't opposed to letting Derek sacrifice himself to save everyone but not if Stiles was part of the deal.

"His power would be...unlike any other I've obtained," The malicious smile made Derek's skin crawl.

"No," Derek knew what Deucalion had to do to obtain the power. He would have to kill Stiles.

"Oh come on, is killing one not worth saving the rest?" Deucalion asked gesturing to Scott, Boyd, Isaac, and Erica.

"You can't have him," Derek snarled, putting himself between Stiles and Deucalion.

"Then I will kill you all and take him anyway. Or...you kill them, and I let Stiles live."

"Or we kill you first," Stiles squeezed his hand in a tight fist and Deucalion dropped to his knees, clutching at his throat.

This caused another larger wolf, that the pack hadn't seen before, to step out of the woods.

"Ennis," Kali yelled, as he lunged for Stiles.

Derek stepped in the way catching the other alpha by his throat. Ennis slashed at Derek's chest, causing him to let go with a hiss.

This set off a chain reaction. Derek's pack and Deucalion's pack merged in a tangle of claws and teeth.

Stiles saw out of the corner of his eye, Ethan, the other twin, lunge towards him. Forcing him to release Deucalion, he performed the spell he'd learned that acted as an imaginary rope. He used it to block the attack and throw the alpha back, giving Erica a chance to recover from her own blow, and attack.

"Stiles," Derek shouted. Stiles turned to meet Deucalion's walking stick. The end a fine tipped blade that skewered into his shoulder only inches from the mark he shared with Derek.

Derek fought to get away from Ennis who had him pinned. Erica, and Scott were also pinned by the twins, while Boyd and Isaac fought to keep Kali busy.

Anger swelled in Stiles at the fact that they were losing. They couldn't afford to lose this fight.

The world around him seemed to stop as he mustered all his strength and thrust as much power at Deucalion as he could.

The smug smile on the alpha's face fell as blood bubbled in his mouth.

"Do you know what I'm doing to you right now? I'm boiling your blood," Stiles snarled, as he ripped the blade from his shoulder.

"Stiles, no," Derek shouted, fighting against Ennis.

The twins, in a desperate attempt to save their alpha, released Scott and Erica.

Stiles saw them coming and with a strain of effort pulled another spell, bringing them to their knees. He was vaguely aware of the pack shouting at him to stop, but he didn't listen. The only thing that mattered was ending Deucalion.

"No more will die by your hands. No more power will be yours, not mine, not Derek's, no one," Stiles felt the blood running from his nose and he felt his own mind start to numb as if he was losing grip on his reality.

In a final attempt at ending this, Stiles pressed his magic over the edge just slightly, forcing all the blood in Deucalion's body to his heart. He felt his magic burst and both he and Deucalion dropped.

"No," Derek yelled finally breaking free of a stunned Ennis. He dropped to Stiles' side and cupped his face in his hands. "Stiles," his tone broke.

Scott was next to them in an instant. "Is he..." he couldn't finish his question.

"He's alive, but only barely," Derek felt his eyes prick with tears.

Ennis, Kali and the twins took off leaving their dead alpha behind.

"Damn it, Stiles, you promised," Derek, grit out, his hands shaking slightly as he brought their foreheads together.

"We need to get him to the hospital," Erica said, suddenly next to Derek.

"No, they won't be able to do anything. Deaton, call...call Deaton," Derek's voice was strained as he fought the tears. He couldn't lose Stiles, not like this. Not now. Not ever.