1~ Funny

"Jovie, lets move it!"

Three pounds on my door later, I stumble across my bedroom while attempting to put on loose boyfriend jeans.

Tripping on a pair of converse, I land face first in my wood floor. "Damnit."

Although, I find my glasses under my bed. Shoving them on my face, I throw a random shirt over my head before grabbing the converse and running downstairs.

"Morning, mom." I offer, walking towards the coffee pot.

She tsks, shoving a bottle of green juice into my hands. Oh, yum, vomit in a bottle. "Morning, Darling."

Mom's gorgeous, looking at her you wouldn't have any idea she's birthed three kids, including a set of twins. Straight, strawberry blonde hair that off sets crystal blue eyes.

Garner, my 15 year old brother stumbles into the kitchen. "Dude, you're wearing my shirt."

Glancing down, I finally take note of the yellow Rolling Stones shirt. "Sorry, don't leave your clothes in my room."

He opens his mouth to protest but a sigh from mom has us both shutting up. Sometimes it's not worth it.

The garage door flies open, revealing my twin brother, Gentry. "Jovie, we have to leave!"

Going for the coffee again, I shrug. "Isn't mom taking us?"

Our car is currently in the shop to repair the ac and the battery that died when the ac wouldn't shut off. Even when the car wasn't on.

It was a very stressful experience

Mom shakes her head, snatching the pot from my hand. "Sorry, I have a meeting."

Why must she torture me?

"So who's taking us? I can call Peyton." My best friend only lives five minutes away. Knowing her, she hasn't even left the house yet. Or gotten up.

Gentry smirks, "Don't bother, Aspen's already here."

I drop the toast I was buttering, "Hell no."

"He's waiting for your slow ass."

"I will walk to school."

"Jo, don't be dramatic." Garner tries to reason with me, but I can see that he finds the humor in this.

"I will not ride in the same vehicle as that demon. I'll miss school if that's what it takes." This is the last thing I need in my life right now.

I can already feel a stress zit popping up on my face.

"Mom." I try to reason with her but she snaps.

"Enough, I don't care about whatever petty thing you two are fighting about this week. You will ride to school with Aspen until your car is fixed." She rubs her temples, exhaustion evident in her face.

Instantly, I shut up. It's not fair to push her in the mornings, especially since she made our lunches.

Grabbing my bag, I turn to the boys. "I will not sit in the cab."

They share a look, "Fine, if you beat us to the truck."

And with that they dart out the door.

Kissing mom's cheek, I follow. I hate them sometimes.

Making it through the grass, I notice moving trucks at the house next door. Interesting, the McDonald's moved out last month when their kids put them in the nursing home.

They won't be missed.

Sneezing from the pollen in the air, the sight of moving trucks is replaced with the ground.