8~ Code Green

"I don't understand."

Peyton rolls her eyes, "Will asked me to a movie this weekend."

So I've been told, "What movie?"

"It 2."

I start laughing again, the selection funnier each time I hear it.

"You hate horror movies." Despise is a better word for it.

Peyton hides from scary commercials and cries if I force her to even see a picture of a horror movie.

"That's why I need you to come with us." She hisses, hitting me with a pillow.

"Alone?" Because while I love her I don't think me third wheeling will be kind to Will.

"No, ask Beau to come too." She shrugs.

I gasp, "Are you doing this just so I have to go out with him?"

Because that would be impressive.

"No, I need moral support." She states rather unconfident. "Beau is just a bonus."

Studying my best friend, I'm reminded of just how much she deserves this. We're seniors and this would be her first date experience. Even if asking him out first isn't part of my master plan.

"Fine, but only for you." I sigh, letting her hug me.

*****

I'm beginning to hate the thought of studying.

It's nice that I'm with Beau but we haven't done anything since Tuesday night when he was over.

It's Friday and I'm using the away game as an opportunity to have some alone time with him while the boys are out. But for the first time in my life, I'm nervous.

"Jo, I think I'm officially all caught up." He offers, tapping the table.

Letting out a dramatic sigh of relief, I lean back in my chair. "Finally, it's hard enough doing my own homework."

He lets out a deep breath that echos through me, surveying the empty house. "Where are your parents?"

"Mom's out with friends." I lie, not in the mood to explain she's working. Especially since I don't know when she'll be home.

"What about-" he starts but I cut him off, knowing exactly where the conversation is headed and dreading it.

"I have a question for you." I blurt out.

He stops, hazel eyes staring at me expectantly.

Shit, I didn't think this through.

"You see, Will asked Peyton to dinner and a movie tomorrow. And while she's my best friend, Payton's rather... shy."

He nods.

"I was wondering... she suggested..."

Oh, for the love of God, Jovie Grace, this is stupid.

"Would you be okay if we tagged along with them?" I spit out, trying to read his reaction.

"By 'we' do you mean me and you?"

I nod, "If you're okay with that, if not I get it."

This was not how I saw our relationship progressing.

"I'd love that." He grins, leaning towards me.

Me too.

In the EndOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara