26 ~ Drunk

**Part 1 of a triple update**

"It's vacation time, people!"

Groaning, I roll over in bed and hit the wall. "Shut up, Gentry!"

My bedroom door flies open and he runs in, half dressed with a snow cap on his head. "Get your ass up, Jovie Grace!"

"It's–" Grabbing my phone, I squint to read the time. "8:30 in the morning?"

Oh hell no. It's our first day of winter break, my ass is sleeping in until it's noon.

"We're leaving in two hours." He yanks my covers off. "Move it."

He leaves to pester our younger brother and I hit my pillow. So much for sleep. Getting up before I can be bombarded by two annoying brothers, I run to the shower.

Locking the bathroom door, I start the water as there's a knock.

"Who said you get to shower first?" Gentry demands.

"You woke me up." I laugh, taking in my wild hair and drool stained face.

"Don't use all the hot water." Garner pouts.

"What was that?" I ask, starting my music. "Use all the hot water."

"Jo!"

"Take my time?" I step into the water snickering. "Don't mind if I do, suckers."

*****

Two hours later, we're sitting at the table eating breakfast. Garner and Gentry still shivering from their ice-cold showers in the middle of winter.

"Do you have your EpiPen?" Mom asks, throwing her hair in a bun for work.

"Yes." I shake the container.

"And I have the spare." Gentry adds.

"Allergy medication?"

"Yup." I hold the container up.

"Benadryl?"

"Never leave home without it." I pop that stuff like it's candy.

"Your rash cream?"

Holing up a zip block bag with the container inside, I sigh. "I'm all prepared if death comes knocking."

Mom slightly pales. "Don't joke about those things."

She hugs me tightly and I feel bad for messing with her. It really isn't funny. Maybe she's right, one day I will give her a heart attack.

"It's time to get this show on the road!" Houston appears through our back door, clapping his hands together.

Grabbing my bag and kissing mom goodbye, I head outside. All of our friends are waiting, AJ handing out cups of coffee.

"Jo, my girl." He hands me a cup. "The only person I know who wants iced coffee in the middle of December."

Taking a sip, I sigh. "Ice cold, just like my soul." Jay snorts, leanings against the monstrous green van with flowers painted on it. Smirking, I wink. "What's new, Scooby-do?"

"It's too early for this." He groans.

"Zoinks, Shag." I rest a hand on his arm. "What's wrong?"

"I hate you." He mutters.

"Oh, you love me." Ruffling his hair, I peck his cheek. "I'm your Daphne."

"I'm getting in the car now." He leaves and I die laughing. It's just too fun. Enjoying my coffee, I watch as the idiots try to dictate what bags go in which cars.