chapter 14

1 month later....

Its been a month since Naveah talked or even seen Quincy. Right now Nae is currently getting ready for her school pep rally. Yes the pep rally was on a Saturday and almost the whole neighborhood would be there. Nae was just ready to go have fun since she literally just been in the house and to school almost everyday. Ka'liyah would invite her to her house but Nae would decline she doesn't ever wanna get caught slipping and end up running into Quincy.

Nae wore a white fitted crop top with Black jeans with her white and black slip on vans. She put on a necklace that had her name on it and applied lip gloss to her lips. She put her thick curly hair in a bun on top of her hair and swooped her edges. When she was done she grabbed her car keys and headed to her car.

When she got to the school she received a text from Ka'liyah saying meet her by the bench in front of the school. So Nae started her Journey to the front of the school and spotted Ka'liyah. She was standing by Quincy and the rest of them but when she spotted Nae she walked over to her. She told the guys something before she decided to walk over which caused them all to look at Nae.

To Nae's surprise Black actually ran up to her and picked her up off her feet and twirled her around.

"I missed your li brace face ass had a nigga thinking you died or some shit." Black joked. Which caused Nae to let out a faint chuckle.

Naveah's pov

"I missed you too" i said as he let me down. We conversed for a little while before he went back to Quincy and the rest.

I turned my head to take a sneak peek of Quincy but when i looked I noticed he was already staring at me. He gave me a head nod and i did one in return.

The pep rally had already started but Ka'liyah and i waited for Melani to get here which she just pulled up. Me and her practically ran into each others arms. Then all 3 of us headed to the gym where the pep rally was. We walked in and they literally had no seats so we just stood by the entrance.

I noticed the host was one of the old heads in the neighborhood. Actually he use to be a father figure in my life i use to call him my grandfather i would literally go to his house everyday after school to show him that i did good in class and he would give me some chocolate chip cookies his wife makes.

Soon i just tuned the pep rally out and began to reply to late messages till i heard my name on the microphone and i looked up with quickness while my heart started to race.

"Naveah nana is that you ?" Mr. Dean said  calling me by my nickname he gave me.
I just nodded my head while everybody just stared at me.

"Since you here do mind singing for us ?" He asked loudly in the microphone which caused me to drop my jaw. He literally had everybody in the gym staring at me. I just politely shook my head no.

Clearly he didn't understand because he came a grabbed me by my hand and pulled me in the middle of the court. Where the spotlight was completely on me.

"I don't sing anymore" i told him shyly as i tried to back away.

"Guys i think she's a little shy let me tell yall a little about her, i been knowing her since she was a little girl and she would literally sing my ears off all day but she had a beautiful voice so i never complained. But now she wanna act shy" he said as he chuckled. Then he turned to face me.
"Do it for me, just let me hear your voice one last time, we having this pep rally because i dont know how much longer i have left so just sing one more time for your old poppop" he said referring to what i use to call him. I was scared shitless but i decided to grab the microphone.