Chapter 42

I had just woken up from my mini nap and I heard voices causing me to open up my eyes and i seen everybody was here even my grandpa and brother. Im surprised either one of them showed because my last interaction with Mj wasn't good at all. I looked towards my baby and i seen she was up smiling in her father's arms which caused me to smile.

"How you feeling baby girl ?" My grandpa asked me once he noticed i was up.

"Im fine, happy i finally get to see my princess... this is so surreal." I sighed mumbling the last part.

"I know baby and im so proud of you." My grandpa said kissing my forehead. Mj didn't say anything to me so I didn't say anything either. I honestly forgot why we weren't talking in the first place.

"Nae im kidnapping Alayna with her li cute self." Melani said leaning on Quincy as she gawked over Alayna.

"You ain't kidnapping shit." Quincy muttered not taking his eyes off of Alayna. I could see it right now Quincy's going to have that li girl spoiled rotten.

"You need to learn how to share you haven't let anyone hold her since we got in here." Ka'liyah whined.

"Ain nunna yall my babymama so its not a must that yall hold her ion kno wea yall hands been." Quincy said mugging Liyah. I just laughed because he was being so stingy and overprotective it was cute.

"Boy I don't give a damn what you say you gone let me hold my grandbaby." Mrs. Morgan said standing up walking over to Quincy.

"Aight bet, you gotta sit right here though." Quincy said pushing Melani from next to him so Mrs. Morgan can sit down. Mrs. Morgan got Alayna and stared at Quincy for a while with a 'really nigga' look and turned her back toward him and came sat at the end of my hospital bed causing Quincy to suck his teeth.

"Don't be pushing me." Melani said jumping at Quincy he just looked at her blankly i just shook my head at the people in the room.

"So your not going to say anything to your sister ?" I heard Jayda try to mumble to Mj but there was no need. If he didn't want to talk there was no need to talk.

"How's grandma ?" I asked turning to my grandfather.

"She's actually doing better." He told me smiling.

"One day at a time." He said and i nodded my head repeating what he said.

"You hungry ?" Quincy asked me and nodded my head and poked out my bottom lip.

"I know youn want no hospital food, hea Lani go get my baby some chick-fil-A." Quincy said handing Melani a $20 bill.

"Nigga why you can't go ?" Melani said mugging him.

"Cause im watching my baby." He said in a duh tone then he paused. "You know what don't worry about it im not finna argue with your dense self." He said instead of say ass. He stood to his feet and came over to me and kissed my forehead.

"I'a be back don't be letting everybody hold my baby." He told me pecking my lips.

"And yall bet not be stressing out my babymama ya heard." He said going over to the bottom of the bed and picked up Alayna. He smiled at her and she smile back and he kissed her forehead before handing her over to me.

Once i got her i looked at her and smiled and she did the same. My baby was so beautiful.

"Hey mama." I coo'd at her.

"When we get home me and dada gotta surprise for you, i know your going to love it." I whispered to her like we had a secret and she started laughing and swinging her arms and kicking her feet.