Chapter 40

2 months later...

"How's everything so far ?" Mrs. Morgan asked me as she stopped by the house to check on me.

"Im doing good, but im probably going to get a few heads done today since i just started braiding other people's hair." I informed. About a month ago Jayda asked me to braid her hair and i ended up doing it and now all her friends want their hair done. But im not complaining though, i could use the money.

"You sure ? I think you need to rest." She said sincerely.

"Im pregnant, not hospitalized." I joked.

"Im just saying, your due like next month right ?" She asked.

"The month after that." I shrugged.

"Well i guess it's good timing." She said and i nodded.

"So baby na-" before she could even finish her statement her phone started to ring. I watched as her body tensed as she spoke on the phone.

"This is she." She spoke. She was calm for a few seconds before her breathing started to get hard.

"Yy yess thank you." and with that she hung up the phone and started to panic as tears rolled down her face. I immediately went over to her to pulled her into a hug as tight as i could without hurting the baby.

"My baby." She cried out. The first person that came to my mind was... Quincy.

"Mama talk to me, whats wrong ?" I asked her trying to stay calm as i was getting my phone out.

"They took my baby." She cried. I got my phone out quickly calling Quincy hoping she wasn't talking about him. I grew frustrated once he didn't answer the phone. I called 3 more times and still didn't get a answer.

"Who did they take ?" I asked.

"My baby... my baby." Was all she was saying.

"Come on mama." I said as i led her to the guest room downstairs. I let her lay on the bed and took her shoes off.

"Ima be right back." I told her as i left out the room.

I called Ka'liyah and even she didn't answer. I called her 3 more times and still didn't get a answer. So i called the one person who i knew was going to answer.

"Lani !" I panicked as the call connected.

"Naveah, whats wrong ?" She asked alerted.

"Umm Mrs. Morgan is here and she's crying saying they got her baby, i don't know what's going on and Quincy's not answering the phone and im scared." I said on the verge of tears.

"Quincy's here playing the game with Kareem, but just calm down we about to come." She said. I didn't reply i just hung up. I blew out a breath of relief since I knew Quincy wasn't hurt. I walked back into the room where mama Morgan was.

"Mama, what happened ?" I asked her.

"They took him, he's gone. He wasn't shit but that was still my baby." Mama Morgan cried. I think i knew who she was talking about now......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mama, whats wrong ?" Quincy said as he ran in the room and went to his mother's side. Then Kareem and Melani came right after.

"The hospital called they said...." she started but then stopped.

"They said that your father is dead, he was shot in the head leaving his office and died instantly." She cried. I watched as Quincy stood up straight showing no emotion. Not a tear fall, not a sympathy look not anything. But yet Melani was crying her eyes out into Kareem's chest. Quincy bent down to mama Morgan's side and gave her a tight assuring hug.