CHAPTER 24 -

A/N- do you guys think this story is going ok?...  I'm feeling a little ... blocked...

............................................................................................

  It took YuLin a whole week to be able to get on his feet. During this time, many people visited, his sisters stayed with him as much as they could during day time and A Li often came in with a bashful face, dumping snacks all over YuLin before running away.

  The general wasn't around much after he woke up. But sometimes he'd see the general sat by his bed. 

  Much as LiZhao wanted to abandon all work to watch over YuLin. He couldn't. The town was in dispute. The people couldn't make their minds up on whose side to be on. The general who was taking their people... or the hateful rioters who almost killed their own. Many complaints were made to the army but now there were also those who willingly signed up. There was a lot more work now. More paperwork that he wished he could just dump on QianDu.

  QianDu at the time was smug as he read the general's line of thought, "Unfortunately general, these official documents can only be completed by the highest ranking in the army."

  Without turning around LiZhao coldly stated, "Wipe that smug grin off your face before I do it for you."

  QianDu bit his lips and had a hard time controlling his face.

  YuLin limped around the Ya's estate, half leaning on a crutch with A Li trailing behind him.

  A Li, do you know where the main hall is?"

  "...Yeah..."

  "Take me... it's about time a greeted lady Ya whilst on my feet." YuLin said as he motioned for A Li to walk ahead and lead the way.

  A Li stomped forwards and huffed, "Whatever... follow me...don't fall behind!"

  YuLin tried hard not to burst out laughing. This fellow has grown quite cute!

  Once the doors to the main hall opened, several servants recognised YuLin as their young lady's saviour and rushed forwards to support him. A Li rolled his eyes.

  Lady Ya also came forth and stood before YuLin before giving a deep bow, "Mister YuLin, this one is Ya ChenXiang, the lady of this house. Let me express my thanks for saving my little sister's life."

  YuLin quickly helped lady Ya up, "No need. What I did was what any good samaritan would've."

  Lady Ya rose and smiled bitterly at YuLin, "I think both you and me know that that's not true mister YuLin."

  YuLin returned a hopeless smile before saying, "Please call me YuLin Lady Ya."

  "Then please call me ChenXiang. Please, this way." She replied as she led YuLin towards the seats and tables.

  A Li humphed and left. YuLin shouted a thank you before he disappeared.

  Once seated, ChenXiang poured YuLin a cup of tea.

  "I can't express my thanks enough... when I came back from a little street shopping... to see the inn on fire my heart almost stopped beating. I would've rushed in myself if my servants had allowed me to. But I could'nt...and no one else could. Until you appeared. Me and my little sister are the last of the Ya family. She being my little sister... is very dear to me. Without her I would be completely alone. So thank you YuLin."

  YuLin held a wide smile on his face, "To know I've helped such a great lady... it's my pleasure."

  The two chatted for a long while until sunset. They got along very well and talked about travels and foods and more.

    "So um... I have a question I've been meaning to ask..." Chen Xiang said as she lowered her head, sipping at her tea.

  "Hm?"

  "Are you and the general..." She waved her hands about to finish her sentence.

  "...hm?"

  "You know..." She continues to wave her hands.

  "Sorry ChenXiang.... I've never learned sign language."

  ChenXiang facepalmed before saying, "Are you and the general lovers! In love! Bedroom partners! Male concubine?"

  YuLin was silent for a moment before his brain took everything in. Then his handsome face flushed with colour and his eyes flared a little.

  ChenXiang was extremely amused, "Your eyes... how did you make them glow like that?"

  YuLin stayed silent as the redness spread along his face. To be called the general's lover... what a mysterious feeling it gave him... there were a million butterflies beating in his stomaache right now.

  ChenXiang smiled as she realised she may have found a trigger word. She looked at YuLin as an evil smile crept onto her face. "General." She called out.

  YuLin's eyes flared.

  "LiZhao."

  They flared again.

  YuLin covered his eyes in embarrassment as ChenXiang laughed in ohohohoho's.

  The two conversed more till a little after midnight when  YuLin was limping back towards his room. When he entered and shut the door behind him, he found the general sat on his bed, arms crossed and back straight.

  Just as he was about to call out, he realised one crucial detail. He clamped a hand over his mouth to muffle his laughter. The general's eyes were closed!

  He was asleep whilst sitting up. He must've come to this room a little while ago and fell asleep whilst waiting.

  YuLin bit his lips suppressing his laugh as he limped forwards. He stopped in front of the general and leaned down slightly.

  "Oho, the great general sleeping in my quarters, how scandalous!" He joked with himself. He looked down at the General's strong, charismatic cheekbones, and the slight quiver of his eyebrows as he breathed. YuLin's hand reached up and stroked the general's cheek. He traced the contours of the cheek, slightly touched the eyelashes before touching the cheek again. The hand trailed down and slightly poked at those firm, but soft, lips. "What's a manly man like you doing with soft lips..." YuLin muttered to himself.

  Unknown to himself, his eyes were glowing again as he leaned forward and gently placed his own lips on the generals. Soft and warm. The feeling shot right to YuLin's heart. He couldn't get enough of this overly tender feeling. He gulped as he leaned back. Looking at the still sleeping general, he couldn't help himself but lean forward again, landing a soft peck on the general's lips.

  Suddenly, strong, muscled arms snaked around YuLin's and speedily, but gently, pulled him forwards as the general leaned back and fell on to the bed with YuLin on top. Lips still together, YuLin's eyes were wide open being caught off guard. That arm around his back snaked up, and a hand cupped his head as the general opened his eyes ever so slightly.

  He kissed back.

  YuLin's body felt tingly all over... the general was kissing him back! Not in a lustful way, but tenderly...as if he were someone to be cherished.

  The general rolled to the side with YuLin in his arms as he muttered one word, "Sleep."

  YuLin stared at the general's broad chest for a long while before he closed his eyes, a sweet smile dusting his lips.

  Meanwhile, XueHe had settled comfortably in an extravagant inn in Shui Province's capital, waiting for the arrival of the main characters. Just now he received a rather interesting letter from the noisy woman from the other family branch.

  Do not interfere. Do not hurt him. I'm watching you you idiot. Your father's extremely pissed about you killing his minions. Do NOT bring harm to my nephew. If you do, our deal's off.

..........................................................................................................

A/N- Aiya, finally squeezed one out...

 Hope you enjoyed!