CHAPTER 29 - I OUGHT TO KILL YOU

Three days had passed, YuLin had made it out the forest and now camped just beyond it, living off of mushrooms and grass roots. He slept at sun down and rose at sunrise. always watching, waiting for a certain figure to burst through the vegetation.

  LiZhao had a rough stubble growing along his jaw line. He gave no care to himself whilst riding the past five days. He'd stop seldom for his horse to recover and to shove some dried meats in his mouth before continuing. There were dark circles around his eyes and veins popped in his hands from gripping the reins so tightly.

  Soon...He'll catch up soon. The string he tied to YuLin when he first tried o escape was vibrating more with the passing day, singling his closeness. and on he fifth day, he rode past the forest.

  A lonesome figure whipped his head around in the direction of the noise. The man on the horse beheld the figure sat on a log a mere few feet before him, the setting sun behind his (YL) back, illuminating his figure, encoding him in blankets of golden rays.

  LiZhao's heart shuddered as his heart of stone cracked further, allowing waves of relief and yearning to crash into his very soul. He pulled the reins forcing he horse to come to an abrupt stop, whinnying in protest. 

  As LiZhao's feet hit the ground, he stared at YuLin's figure, unable to see his face expression due to the brightness behind. LiZhao clenched his jaw and took a step forward.

  YuLin beamed and ran towards the general, throwing himself against the latter, wrapping his arms like tentacles around the general's neck. YuLin rubbed his face against the side of the general, and unconsciously whispered next to his ear, "LiZhao... You finally came."

  LiZhao's arms rose from his side as he embraced YuLin. Crushing them together, as if hoping to merge them together. LiZhao breathed in deeply, that scent, the smell of the forest and YuLin, he breathed until his lungs were full of it. His YuLin. Safe. Here. In his arms.

  "I ought to kill you for leaving..." LiZhao growled as he trailed his hand up YuLin's back.

  "You... Why are you always talking about killing me ah! And I was kidnapped, Kidnapped!" YuLin said with a wronged expression, leaning his head back to look at LiZhao in the eyes.

  "In death, you cannot leave me."

  "My spirit will wander."

  "I won't let it."

  "But general... You can't put a leash on my spirit...unless..."

  LiZhao raised n eyebrow, "Unless?"

  YuLin's eyes took on a feverish glow as he jumped up and wrapped his legs around LiZhao, startling LiZhao but with quick reflexes, placing his hands on YuLins firm behind.

  YuLin leaned into LiZhao's ears and stated with a husky voice, "Unless you make yours, engrave yourself so deeply in me that our spirits, our very souls become entangled."

  LiZhao gulped as he tightened his grip. "Why."

  YuLin smiled and leaned his head against LiZhao's as he said softly, "Why, because I'm completely and utterly bewitched by you general. I think committed the felony of loving the icy general."

  Without another word, LiZhao picked YuLin up and strode for the nearest tree.

..........................................

A/N- A short one I know, but a promise the next chapter tomorrow.

 A chapter you've all been eagerly awaiting for I'm sure ;)

  Get ready General, A Incubus is coming!